Chapter 6: That's Why? Really?

Bandit's POV

I sat waiting on my bed. I slept from two in the morning to seven in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I haven't been sleeping well at all lately. Every thought in world runs through my mind. Last night I was terrified of John coming in here and I was wondering what could possibly be so wrong with Billie.

I've been waiting for hours. I played guitar for the first time in forever and I did some organizing in my room. Now I miss my room at my dad's house. I wasn't able to get used to it but now I miss it, stupid right?

I heard the knock at my window. My eyes shut up and saw Mike standing on the ladder. He opened the window, "I saw John's car so I came this way."

"Good," I stood up, "ready?"

"Yeah, we got Billie out of his apartment," he sighed.

"Apartment?" I asked. Since when did he have the money for that?!

"He'll explain," he shook his head and started to climb down the ladder. I followed and hopped in the truck with him and Tré.

I drummed my fingers on my knee. I looked out the front window. I rolled down the window and lit up a cigarette. Mike drove through the streets to beach. He parked and we all got out.

I looked out at the windy beach and saw someone sitting on the bench. "Is that Billie?" I asked.

"What you don't recognize him?" Tré laughed.

"He dyed his hair," I said. He has blonde hair now, weird. I did not see that coming.

"You want us to go with you?" Mike asked.

"No, I'll be fine," I nodded. I walked over to the bench. Billie looked up at me with sad eyes. He's a fucking train wreck. Dark circles around his eyes, bleached hair that was done very badly, same old baggy clothes, he looked skinnier than usual.

"Hey," he half smiled.

"Hi," I sat down next to him.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"About what Billie? I have no idea why you're acting the way you're acting and in fact I don't even know how you're acting anymore because I haven't heard your damn voice in almost five months," I said rambling off because I was pretty pissed.

"I didn't know how to talk to you then, and I still don't know how to talk to you," he leaned back on the bench and looked out at the bay.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't even know. I'm asshole is probably the answer. You know that, Mike and Tré know that and don't think I don't know that," he shook his head.

"Well what happened?" I continued.

"I got kicked out of my house. We went off on tour that's why none of if talked to you for a few weeks because we didn't have phones," he started.

"I know," I said quietly. Mike explained that much to me.

"I met someone on while we were gone. She moved out here to be with me and now I live with her," he looked down at his hands. Wow, that's the big secret?! He could've just called and said 'I met someone better see ya!'

"So you got a girlfriend," I nodded.

"Yeah," he answered.

I rolled my eyes, "'Hey Bandit, I'm sorry but I found a girlfriend it might be awkward if we continue talking.' 'Okay Billie, have fun bye.' You know how easy that would've been?"

"Like I said, I'm a total asshole," he sighed.

"Yes, you are. Admitting to it is good but you still hurt me Billie," I leaned back in the bench and folded my arms.

"You're not the only one that's hurting Bandit," I felt his gaze on me.

"Well you seem to be fine. You've completely changed how look, you got a girlfriend, and you got away from your stepdad," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but is more complicated than it looks," he sat up and turned to me but I refused to look at him.

"Enlighten me then," I sighed.

"Bandit I didn't know what I was doing. I never know what I'm doing. I don't know how to feel because my family actually hates me, so do my best friends. I have one person, our relationship was rushed together because I was lonely and I don't know what the hell I'm doing  anymore," he raised his voice slightly.

"You think I can fix it?" I turned to him.

"No, because I don't even know what I'm doing," he repeated.

"You wanna know what you're doing? You're pushing you're best friends away and you already pushed me away. You screwed yourself and I don't know how to help you," I sat up looking at him.

He sighed and stood up. "Pretty fucked up isn't it?"

"Yeah, you're pretty fucked up I've come to find out," I looked up at him.

"Because I'm an idiot," he added.

"Yes, you are and you're not just gonna make me feel sorry for you. Billie I'm done with you now," I stood up.

"Good to know someone else is," he nodded.

"Well, you did it to yourself. Goodbye," I walked away. Mike and Tré waited for me at the truck.

"That did not go well," Tré said.

"Aw Bandit," Mike came over and hugged me.

"He's such a fucking idiot," I said holding in my tears.

"No shit," Mike said. "You okay?"

"No, I'm not," my voice cracked.

That wasn't even the worst thing that could've happened. Him moving on was something that ran through my head. But he didn't just push me away, he pushed everyone away. There's something more to this.