Chapter 16: The Jealousy Tactic

Bandit's POV

The next day Mike and I went to school as usual. I'm still getting used to this schedule. I'm so used to the one I had for over half the year in Jersey. Of course we were learning different stuff in Jersey too so my homework is all fucked up.

The school day goes by pretty quickly. I don't know why, all I'm doing is mentally draining myself. Sadly I have a ton of classes with Dayna but she hasn't bothered me yet. She got herself a boyfriend that lives in San Francisco, across the bay, and what I heard is he has workaholic parents that make a shitload of money. This allows Dayna to basically live there on the weekends and it also lets her get huge dinners and diamond earrings. But that's only what I've heard, it seems accurate to me in a sense. I'm just happy she isn't giving me shit about Billie anymore.

Mike and I only have two classes together and then lunch. He tends to meet up with me at my locker a lot and we always drive to and from school together. He's literally the only friend I have here. I don't feel like talking to people, I tried that in elementary and middle school and I only got pushed around, I also tried it in freshmen and sophomore year and that was hell as well. I just gave up on the making friends idea, and stopped caring. I have Mike and Tré here and Mikey and Gerard back in Jersey, they're all I need.

At the moment Mike was driving us into Oakland to get good pizza. The pizza in Rodeo up and sucks! The only good thing in Rodeo is the burritos.

"Chelsea called me last night," he said.

"Wait, what?" I turned down the radio and looked at him.

"She got a new boyfriend and wanted to see if it was okay with me. She was being such a bitch. I think she just wanted to rub it in my face," he explained.

"One, wow what a bitch and two, she was definitely rubbing it in your face," I nodded. I sound like Gerard, he's finally taken over my brain. I knew that this day would come.

"Tell me about it," he sighed.

"I actually liked her, she was really nice until this happened," I laughed.

"I really liked her too obviously. But why would you just call your ex boyfriend to tell them you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Make them jealous," I answered.

"Have you done this before?" He laughed.

"No, I've seen it done before and it's just obvious. Gerard's ex did it to him sophomore year," I told him.

"Oh, that must've sucked. And why would she want me jealous? She broke up with me," he turned off the highway and went down the narrow streets of Oakland. I love this place. Why couldn't my parents have move here instead of Rodeo?

"Because after she broke up with you she realized she still had feelings for you," I answered.

"Is this a common girl thing?" He asked.

"Not really," I shrugged. Like he would expect me to know! I don't have one friend that's a female! I wouldn't know if it's a 'girl thing'.

He parked the car next to the sidewalk in a line of cars. "God help me," he leaned his head on the steering wheel.

"It's a good tactic," I said, "you're clearly jealous."

"I am not," he looked up at me.

"Aw, you're getting all defensive," I said to mess with him. I sound like Gerard...

"Is your gender against me today or something? This morning I get a call from my ex. Misses Annel gave me detention and Misses Morrison gave an essay. And now you're fucking with my head!" He rambled off.

"Someone's having a rough day," I laughed.

"Yes, you're supposed to be my friend, help me," he looked at me with wide sad eyes.

"Okay, um... the teachers: sorry you got detention, I'm not doing your homework for you. Me fucking with your head: I'm sorry I'm just messing it's you. Ex girlfriend: make her jealous back," I listed off.

"I figured the first few things and how in the hell would I make her jealous back?" He asked.

"Go get a girlfriend! It's not that hard," I pointed at a group of girls walking down the sidewalk.

"You and I both know it's a hard task. You girls and your 'hard to get' shit," he sighed.

"Not all girls do that jeez, you stereotypical jerk! Get a fake girlfriend then," I laughed.

"Make one up? Really?" He said.

"Yeah we go get a picture of a random girl," I laughed. 

"This is not going to work," he shook his head.

"Well, then I don't know. You could just deal with it and move on," I basically yelled at him because that's the obvious thing to do here.

"You know that's not easy!" He said.

"True, uh... shit I don't know," I laughed.

Hmm, how can I help this poor thing. Gerard is better at relationship advice than me that's for sure. Or we could do something very stupid. He'd be okay with it though and I would get some benefit from it.

But Mike interrupts my thoughts, "I have an idea."

"Me too, you first," I said.

"It's weird you go first," he shook his head.

"Mines weirder, you," I nodded.

"It's the same thing..." he glared at me.

"How do you know?!" Seriously how could it be the same thing my idea is pretty crazy.

"Because there's nothing weirder than this idea," he stated.

"Me and you fake a relationship?" I said mine out loud hoping we have the same idea.

"Yup," he nodded. Well we read each other's minds and had a super weird idea!

"Okay, at least I'm not the only one that thought of that," I let out a sigh of relief.

"Wait are we actually going to do this?" He asked. "Won't make stuff awkward?"

"Mike, I don't care. I hug you all the time anyway," I shrugged.

"Okay," he said.

"So when do we announce our new found romance?" I asked with a dramatic accent getting a laugh out of him.

"Party this weekend?" He asked.

"Perfect," I nodded.

"Are we telling Tré?" He asked.

"We're telling him we're dating, I don't think he'll keep the rest of the information," I laughed.

"Okay good because I know he'd tell someone," he said. Poor Tré...

"Well now you get back at Chelsea and I can get a reaction out of Billie," I nodded.

"The jealousy tactic is a girl thing!" He pointed at me.

"Guess it is," I shrugged. It's really not but he can think that all he wants. "Okay new boyfriend lets go eat I'm starving."

"Me too," he unlocked the car and we went into the pizza joint on the block. This crazy idea should make things interesting.
————————————————————————
Hey guys! I'm doing stupid stuff in the story because I'm bored. I'm not bored with the story, I'm bored with my life and I want to laugh at myself! I'm a loser... hope you're enjoying!!

Love you guys!!!!<3<3