Chapter 32: Belated Birthdays

Bandit's POV
A few weeks later

I was laying in bed listening to 39 Smooth, I couldn't sleep for shit last night because I knew today was the day we were bringing Billie home! And the day we're celebrating Mike and I's birthdays because we agreed that we wanted Billie here for them.

I can't believe he actually recorded Pasalaqua. I can't believe they didn't give me the fucking record for that long. I know I was a wreck but damn, they didn't even tell me about it.

I got up off my floor and decided to get dressed. I put on a pair of Billie's basketball shorts and a white Sex Pistols tee. I pulled on my Chuck Taylors and opened my window. I chucked a bouncy ball at Tré's window and he quickly appeared.

"Is it time?!" He squealed.

"It's time when Mike gets here!" I laughed.

"Well then what?!" He pouted.

"I'm coming over to wait with you," I said.

"You could've just walked inside," he shrugged.

"I was worried I'd be interrupting Tré and Lisea time," I laughed, "we all know you two don't sleep at sleepovers."

"Aw how considerate of you! She's actually asleep," he replied.

"See ya in a minute then," I shut my window and put away the record. I walked downstairs and saw my mom sitting at the table eating her lunch.

"Morning sleepy," she laughed at me.

"Good morning," I returned, "I'm gonna go hang out at Tré's."

"Okay," she sighed. I then walked out the door and into Tré's house.

"Bandita!" He grinned.

"Chipmunk!" I smiled back.

"We got cereal and yogurt on the breakfast menu today," he slipped into the kitchen.

I followed and grabbed the box of Cheerios and a bowl. "How's Lisea?" I asked as I started pouring some cereal into the dish.

"Hung over," he laughed.

"This poor girl," I shook my head, "every time we drink she always gets horrible hang overs."

"Well she's a light weight," he shrugged. "Not everyone can pound vodka like you."

I laughed at that, "I'm legally skilled in it."

"Still not as good as me though," he threw a cheerio at my head. I glared at him and continued eating my cereal.

"Tré?!" Mike whisper yelled as he came through the door.

"In the kitchen!" He called over.

"Are we ready?" Mike strolled into the kitchen.

"What do you fucking think?" Tré said as we put down our bowls and left the kitchen. "I told Lisea I'll back around four so let's go!"

We ran our asses out to Mike's truck. Mike then drove us over to the rehab center. We were shaking with excitement the whole ride. We all miss him, and now we get to spend time with him like we used to.

When Mike parked the truck Tré and I nearly fell out of the truck because we were rushing out. Tré sprinted in the front door while Mike and I walked faster than we normally do. Before we could reach the front door Tré came back out with his arms wrapped around Billie.

"I'm free!" Billie yelled as Mike and I ran up to him and wrapped our arms around him. "Can we please get burritos?"

"Of course!" Tré yelled. Tré pushed us out of the hug, grabbed Billie and Mike's hands, and ran for the truck. I followed after them and climbed in the truck next to Tré. Tré wrapped his arms around Billie and me, "we're complete again!"

"I missed all of you," Billie leaned on Tré. We laughed and listened to music the whole way to the burrito shop. We took our burritos to go and then rushed back to Tré's house. We raced down to the basement where we had the cake and presents.

We all sat in a circle on the floor and devoured our lunch. "I think I missed these more than I should've," Billie said just before taking his last bite.

"They're the best food in existence," Mike sighed.

"We ate them for a straight week, how're you not sick of them?" I asked Mike.

"I will never be sick of burritos, Bandit, never," he looked at me dead in the eyes.

"We'll have to bring a whole case of them for tour," Tré nodded.

"Yeah, that's gonna go over badly," Billie laughed.

"Can we do presents before cake?" Mike asked.

"Greedy," I commented.

"No, I'm full," he corrected.

"I'm fine with it," Billie shrugged.

"I don't care," Tré added.

"Okay!" Mike nodded. Tré got up and set our gifts in front of us. Tré held off on giving us our presents on our birthdays for this. James, Chris, and Al gave us our presents when we celebrated earlier this month though.

"Sorry I really couldn't get you guys anything," Billie said.

"Dude, it's fine," Mike told him. He's been apologizing ever since we planned this.

"You didn't need to get us anything," I nodded.

"Mike first!" Tré interjected.

"Okay," Mike laughed. He opened the gift from me first, he pulled apart the wrapping paper to find a lighter that had his name written on it. "Aw I love it! Thanks Bandit!"

"You're welcome," I smiled.

He then opened the gift bag Tré gave him, bass strings, a pocket knife with a weed leaf on it, and weed! Tré can't not give weed for a special occasion. "Hell yeah!" Mike grinned, "thank you!"

"What can I say? I'm a great gift giver," Tré smirked. "Now Bandita!"

I opened up the gift bag Tré gave me and found, weed, cigarettes, and a box of chocolates. "Thank you Chipmunk!" I smiled.

"I'm fucking great at this," Tré nodded.

I then opened up the bag from Mike, I found a king size chocolate bar and a David Bowie tee. "Thanks Mike!" I grinned holding the shirt up to my body. A little big but David Bowie.

"You're welcome!" He smiled back. "Now,
for your big present." He handed me a card and they all were smirking. The back of the card read "BeeDee," meaning Gerard wrote it. I opened up the card and began reading.

"Bandit,

I know it's late but we all decided to wait until Billie was done in rehab, as you know. But here's where you find out our big scheme! Mikey and I bought yours and the boys will go with you since Mikey and I can't make it. I wish I could though! Fucking hell I'm jealous. But now you're probably like 'what the fuck is it?' So, I love you, happy belated birthday, look up please!

-Gerard"

I looked up and saw Mike holding a rectangular piece of paper in his hand, same with Tré and Billie. I looked on the floor in front of us and saw one for me. I picked it up and saw the words "David Bowie Sound + Vision Tour Shoreline Amphitheater."

"You're fucking joking," I looked up at their dumb grins.

"We're not," Billie said.

My jaw dropped as I continued to read the ticket. It's real. It's fucking real. I screamed started jumping around like a child. The boys were laughing at me but I didn't care, I'm seeing David Bowie. They can laugh at me all they want.