Chapter 26: Amends

Sorry I forgot to update yesterday! Not gonna lie, I was doing a load of homework and then I read fanfics the rest of the night and forgot mine existed! All apologies my loves! But enjoy!!<3<3
——————————————————————

Billie's POV

After another hour of me continuing to apologize to Adrienne and her constantly telling me "it's okay" and "I'll help you," she came with me to Tré's house. It's a Saturday, so the few of us that are still in school might be here.

I parked my car and knocked on Tré's front door. Tré opened the door and gave me a strange look.

"What's up, Billo?" He asked.

"Mike here?" I asked.

"Maybe..." he said, still looking confused.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked.

"One moment please!" He shut the door and a few seconds later I heard someone yell, "what," then muffled voices.

The door reopened and this time it was Mike. "What?" He asked, slightly annoyed.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"About what?" He returned.

"Life," I replied blankly.

"I guess so," he shrugged. "Private?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "You guys mind if Adrienne comes in?"

"Come on in!" I heard Tré yell. Adrienne slipped past Mike and me. Mike and I began walking away from the house.

"You two weren't all cuddly," he commented.

"We broke up," I said.

"You what?" He looked at me.

"We broke up," I repeated.

"Uh, shit man, I'm sorry. How?"

"I told her what happened with Bandit over the summer and that I got hooked on heroin," I summarized.

"She dump you?" He asked.

"Eh, it was kinda mutual," I shrugged.

"You make no sense..." he shook his head.

"I told her, I still have feelings for Bandit and it was decided that we can't be in a relationship for that reason, there," I explained.

"So you've done some thinking!" He gave my shoulder a squeeze.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, don't even start," I laughed.

"So, if you two are done what's she doing here?" He pointed back to Tré's house.

"Well, she's gonna move back to Minnesota now that we broke up but she offered to help me get my life back together," I explained.

"She is a good one," he nodded, "I would've left your ass in the mud."

"You kinda did," I added.

"Hey, you were being a dick!" He pointed out.

"Yeah, I would've left me too," I nodded. We laughed at that and kept walking.

"You're really trying to fix things aren't you?" He asked.

"Trying," I sighed. "There's only so much that can be fixed."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I can apologize and if it's accepted or not, I don't know. I still fucked up Adrienne's and Bandit's lives. I got myself fucked up. I've just made a lot of damage," I answered.