Chapter 21: Breaking Up?

Billie's POV
One Week Later

I went to Tré's without Adrienne. She's kind of mad at me. "Kind of" is an understatement. I'm a joke of a boyfriend to her and she's actually noticing it for once.

~flashback to a few days ago~

"Billie please talk to me," Adrienne brought me out of my thoughts. "You're all isolated lately please just tell me what's wrong."

"I don't think you wanna know," I looked up at her. At least I'm being somewhat honest, she wouldn't want to know.

"I do," she grabbed my hand, "Billie we're in a relationship here, I want to be able to help you."

"I'm just tired," I sighed.

"No, stop lying to me with that damn excuse! Just tell me the truth," she said.

"The truth, well the truth is I'm upset right now because I can't get over the fact that Bandit and Mike are dating. It's all fucked up and it's fucking me up," I said. That's the truth of the moment. I'm a jealous asshole.

"Why?" She asked.

"They're supposed to be my best friends. I know them like the back of my hand. They are like brother and sister not boyfriend and girlfriend. It all feels weird," I sighed and pulled my hand away from her putting my face in my hands.

She came to the other side of the table and sat next to me. She put her hand on my back and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Billie people do random things that you don't expect and sometimes it'll piss you off. I don't understand why it has you this much."

"Because it does," I put my hands back on the table and looked up at the kitchen in front of me.

"Is it because Bandit is your ex girlfriend?" She asked.

"What does that mean?" I returned.

"It means that you feel betrayed by Mike for dating your ex that you still have feelings for," she said. My eyes widened and I looked down at her, she had a sad look on her face.

"I feel betrayed by both of them for just going off without me or anything. I'm not mad because of me and Bandit and all that shit," I told her.

"I don't believe you Billie," she sighed. She's smart, I knew she'd start figuring things out.

"Why not?" I asked.

She stood up and walked across the room. "Because once she came back you changed. You've been leaving more often and hiding from me."

"I'm not cheating on you," I stood up.

"I don't think your cheating on me. I think your running away from me," she corrected.

"What?" I asked.

"I know you're not with her or anything but I think your here less because your thinking about her," she explained.

"Addie, I love you. Don't question that," I walked over to her.

"Billie, it's obvious how you feel about her," she sighed.

"I had feelings for her. I had strong feelings for her I won't deny that at all but then I met you. You changed my fucking life," I was looking at her but she refused to meet my gaze.

"I'm sorry Billie I don't believe you. I need time," she walked away to the bedroom and shut the door and flicked the lock.

I chased after her and leaned on the door. "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked.