Chapter 22: Gerard's Expertise

Billie's POV

The phone rang waking me up. I pulled myself off the couch and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"What the hell did you do?" It's Gerard.

"What're you talking about?" I yawned.

"I'm asking what you did to Bandit because she called me and since she's drunk she isn't making any sense. All I got was her and Mike ended and their friends but you did something to upset her," he explained.

"Y'know how I told you about my fight with Adrienne?" I asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Well I talked to Bandit for help because she's pretty damn easy to talk to. But I told her I still have feelings for her but I love Adrienne," I said.

"Billie she's upset because she still has feelings for you! If she wasn't drunk she wouldn't have freaked out like she did but she's upset that you're saying you have feelings for her but won't be with her," he basically yelled at me.

"Well I'm sorry?" I said.

"Be sorry! She doesn't wanna be around you because she doesn't wanna see you with someone else. If you want me to help you you need to not be so stupid," he sighed.

"That's reasonable," I nodded.

"I know I'm only defending her through all of this but she's my best friend and you've been pissing me off. So I'm gonna defend her even more. She's been thrown around the country, you promised you'd wait for her and ya didn't, you didn't break up with her basically, you made us hide it from her, then you get jealous over her and Mike. I'm sorry Billie I know she's probably fucking with your head but you're returning the favor by saying you still have feelings for her," he ranted off.

"You're a good friend to her y'know that?" I sighed.

"Well I love her with all my heart. Of course I'm going to do everything I can to show how much I appreciate her," he said. I wish I could be that good to her. She deserves the world.

"Well thank you for reminding me of what an asshole I am," I said.

"You're welcome, I'm always here to tell you that," he said. He hates me more than anyone yet he's still 'helping' me.

"Good to know," I leaned on the counter. "I know I just probably broke her heart, again. But how can I fix all of this?"

"Decide what the hell you want," he said.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Which girl do you want to be in a relationship with," he said.

"Mike and Tré said the same," I nodded.

"Well it's the only way to solve this. I would say just don't be with either and boom problem solved but you barely lasted two months without a girlfriend, you're a very typical teenage asshole," he said.

"I know," I sighed.

"So think, writing a song helps you, do it. If leaving town helps you, do it. Whatever helps you figure this out," he said.

"Okay, I'll let you know. Goodbye," I said.

"Bye," he replied then I hung up the phone. I've got some shit to do I guess.

Gerard's POV

Oh I know everyone has been waiting for this. The best friend that knows everything! Bandit's out of her mind and Billie's an idiot, that's my thoughts.

The whole fake Bandit and Mike thing was probably the funniest thing ever but it was stupid. I'm glad they know it was stupid but if they didn't do it they would have less problems.

But of course Bandit had to be funny in her drunken daze. She's drinking more than usual now. She's on Billie's ass for heroine and she should be on her own for alcohol. See she doesn't know I know about her drinking but I know her too well. And besides the slurred words, moodiness, stupid decisions, and laughter gives it away.

Billie also needs to realize that going with Adrienne was a mistake. He's not over Bandit. He rushed into another relationship because he's stupid. Then he gets hooked on heroine and fucked himself over.

They're both stupid. I love Bandit with every bone in my body but this is the dumbest thing she's done, and I went through middle school with her. I know she'll get out of it somehow but she really lost herself in Billie.

I don't know Billie that well. I know he's Bandit's ex and I know has some kind of feelings for her. I wanna help him fix this up because if I help him I'll also help Bandit. But I wanna punch the kid in the jaw for breaking my girl's heart.

I heard the door open. I turned my head and saw Mikey. "You're home early," I said.

"Yeah, my friend's mom didn't know he was having us over so we got kicked out," he sat at the table across from me.

"Ha," I said.

"You look pissed off," he commented.

"I just talked to Billie," I told him.

"What's going on with the drama?" He asked.

"He told Bandit he still has feelings for her but doesn't want to want to leave his girlfriend and he needs to fix that whole thing," I explained, "it's exhausting."

"Sounds like it," he laughed.

"Let's just bring her back here and then it'll all be over with," I sighed.

"Yeah I mean she's been going crazy over that Billie kid since they met," he nodded.

"The first ten months of it were okay and they were just a normal couple now it's basically a fucking love triangle!" I said.

"You talk to Bee?" He asked.

"Yeah I told her she should just avoid him. Mike and Tré are fine and I guess they're telling him the same stuff I am. Bandit just needs to get away from Billie especially now that he's involved with heroine," I told him.

"Wait, what?!" His eyes widened.

"Yeah, What goes on in California?!" I agreed.

"Yeah keep telling her to stay away from him I don't want her doing any of that. I mean we all smoke but that's bad enough," he said.

"Yeah," I nodded, "pretty fucked up situation."

"And of course we're all the way across the country unable to prevent her stupid mistakes," he gave me a sarcastic grin.

"I know it's absolutely amazing," I returned the sarcasm. "You're a sophomore and you still have more common sense than Bandit."

He laughed at me. "At least she knows what she's doing is stupid."

"Facts," I nodded. I can't wait for spring break. I have some things to fix clearly because everyone else is too stupid to fix them.