Chapter 27: The Start of Healing

Bandit's POV

After Billie and I finished our talk we went back to Tré's. I wanted Billie in rehab like now, but it's his decision. I want him better, I want him happy. I want him to get through those 30 excruciating days and heroin behind him now. I've always wanted that, but now it's even more because he's admitted everything, he's becoming Billie again and I want nothing more than just to have him completely back, or as close as I can get because no one is ever the same.

I don't know really, just now that he's making amends and I really do forgive him, I don't want any time wasted. I want to be happy with him, whether that's in a romantic relationship or just a friendship. I want my Billie back, and we're pretty much there.

I was sitting on the floor with James while Tré and Mike held Billie hostage on the couch. Then Al was in the rocking chair and Chris was sprawled out on the love seat.

We were having an argument on the pronunciation of 'caramel.' Tré, Chris, Al, and I pronounce it basically as it's spelt, 'cara' then 'mel." Mike, Billie, and James on the other hand pronounce it like 'carmle.' Fucking animals.

"No, no, no you sound like you have a southern accent or some shit!" Al was going off at the three boys, "we live in Northern California, you may excuse yourselves to Texas if you're gonna be like this."

James and I were basically wheezing on the ground when Billie argued back, "I was raised by someone from the south dude! That's not the only word I pronounce with the southern thing, if that's even considered southern."

"I don't think it is!" Mike added, "James and I do not have Southern families and we pronounce it normal."

"That is not normal, you monster!" Tré screeched.

"Guys, this is going a little too far," James said through his laughs.

"Agreed!" Chris yelled.

"Okay, okay, I will discuss politics with my fucked up family later," Al sighed.

"I'd hate to see us actually have a political debate," I added.

"Eh, we all fall in the same place. And things like this are more important than who the president is," James countered.

"I gotta give ya that one," I nodded.

"I don't even know who the president is," Tré added.

"Aye, me too!" Chris agreed.

We all just looked at them. Even Billie knows who our president is... "George H. W. Bush," we all said, it wasn't in unison but it got the point across.

"Well sorry that I don't care," Tré said with an attitude.

"Okay, Gerard," I responded.

"Oh! Speaking of Gerard..." Tré grinned.

"Monday! Him and Moikey will be here," I beamed. I was so excited. Not only has break started but I get to have my whole gang in one place.

"Yay! I get to see my... what is he to me? Father? Uncle? Brother?" Tré looked at me.

"If I'm your mother, then I'd say uncle," I nodded.

"Alright! My favorite uncle, if I may add," he smirked.

"You're so weird," Mike laughed.

"So are you!" Tré retorted.

"Tré, you're a whole new level of weird," Billie added.

"I take pride in my weirdness," Tré grinned.

"Oh we know," James nodded, "you never fail to impress us, and I live with that," James pointed to Chris.