what would you do for love?

people tell me that they don't think this will really work out with condescending eyes and they look even more pitiful when i tell them that i will fight tooth and nail to keep you by my side

is there something wrong with me to not see what they see? or is there something wrong with them, to be so quick to judge, so quick to tell me to fall out of love when they won't be the ones staring at the ceiling for three days, convincing myself that today will be the day i get up, out of bed and do last weeks chores?

why can't i just picture your face and then get it down on paper with pen? why can't i capture the art your body is, the art you let me taste late at night? why is it so hard to love you and want you and need you but so easy to hate you and push and pull you?

people say a lot of things like if this doesn't work there's always something, someone else. but these things, i don't want to hear, i don't need to hear. so i nod and stand up from the table, tell them it's time to leave and i tred on, past them telling me their experiences with people who aren't you.

i wish you'd just call me, give me some kind of sign that hey maybe this will be okay. but today doesn't seem like the day and tomorrow doesn't seem like it either, so i'll pick up my heavy heart and tell myself that someday, this will all be okay.

A/N: old poetry is the best poetry. love you.