Chapter 8-This is It

As 2:00pm strikes on the clock,Ela and her family got ready for the team party.Ela decided to wear their team shirt since they were told to wear something color white since it was their team.Her sister,Antha also wore the team shirt.

They were all done prepping.On the way to Leonardo's Pizza Plaza for their team party.
It took them thirty minutes to arrive the venue.It was a big space and a buffet-style dinner.Table cloths were colored white and as they were getting the name tags that were sticker-like,Carl was there.Maybe about five meters away from the register table.Ela took a glance there because she knew that it was him.Ela sat down to the nearest table near the register and was with some of her classmates as well.Carl and and his family's table was a table away from them since they were at the very back.

The table was perfectly round.At first,Carl was sitting facing the stage where the MCs are supposed to talk in that way,he couldn't see Ela nor Ela couldn't see his face either,only his back.But once he stood up and got a glass of water,he moved to another chair from their table diagonally in a way that Ela could see his face already and that he could see Ela as well.

"Heyy,Carl's just right there!"giggled Carol to Ela.
As Ela took another glance at him,he was talking with his dad and when he saw Ela looking at him,he smirked.He knew that she was Ela Green,the friend that Maddie was talking about.
It was time to eat dinner.

"Go ahead,you'll go first,Ela and Antha."her dad said as their parents lined uo behind them as well.
"Okay daddy,come one Antha!"replied Ela

When it was Ela's turn to get food,she grabbed the white and shiny plate that the team provided for the dinner.She got some spaghetti and beef stew.She sat down afterwards.
Since Carl was in the same column as their table,they were the last ones to get their food because there were two
lines,one at the other side and one near where they were seated.He lined up in the same line where Ela lined up as well.

"Homay homay frick frick,he's behind me!I must act chill!"said Ela in her mind.

Carl looked at the food that Ela got,spaghetti and beef stew.When it was his turn to get food,Ela was peeking at him.She also didn't expect THAT HE GOT THE SAME EXACT FOOD!
But she knew that glance was something suspicious.

"OMG!He got the same food as me!"Ela whispered to Carol and Alex.
Once he was done getting food,he made this smirk-ish and a bit of blushy face as he looked at Ela.