Terrable

"Who pissed in your cereal?" Terra asked. I was sitting on my bed, a cluster of balled up sketch papers around me, another crumbling between my fingers. I had been trying to draw, but everything tied itself back to the Joker, and I was sick of it.

"Where on my list of survival tips did you find pester me with questions?" I grumbled, tossing the drawing utencils from my lap in frustration.

"It wasn't, but somethings eating at you." I closed my eyes and held my head in my hands.

"I need to you how you think you can break out like some kind of James Bond at any given movement and why things around our cell haven't been straight." Her eyes darted to the hole she somehow punched into the wall and the bunk beds that were too heavy for the two of us together to move. "There's something you're not telling me," I added as I moved to stand in front of her.

She was hesitant to speak, so I just kept going. "From this window I watched three great men try and escape and all three die. Two scrawny girls won't get nearly as far as they had unless you've got some miracle ace up your sleeve."

The blonde huffed, fiddling with her fingers. "Look, I don't exactly like telling people this -- especially people I hardly even know."

"We know each other," I shrugged. "I know your name and you know mine. We've been roommates for about a month and a half. I'd say being cellmates with someone is the best chance of learning someone." She met my eyes as I continued, a little spark of humor to my voice, "I've basically got you down, I'm just missing a few pieces of the puzzle."

Terra gave me a hesitant look before walking past me and looking out of the barred door. "You talk a lot, can you keep a secret?" I grinned and nodded.

"Like no other. You wouldn't believe the things I've got bottled up here," I giggled, tapping my temple.

"I think I have a general idea," she mumbled with a hint of concern before leaning against the cell door. "Go to the window." With my brow raised in interest, I did as she said, watching the bars patiently. When nothing happened, I looked back to her and found her irises glowing a bright yellow, her hands held out in front of her. She nodded back to the window and when I looked, one of the bars shifted out of place.

I looked back to the small blonde in shock, waiting for the yellow to disapate in her eyes before moving to inspect the displaced bar. It had been cleanly cut where the bottom of the pole met the conrete, the bar itself shifted so it no longer stood where it once had, an angle to it. I hadn't realized Terra had moved until she spoke beside me. "I don't really have the best grip on it, but I can use it to get us out of here."

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay, I can work with that. You just have to be patient, this place is a fortress. Without the right oppertunity we won't just be free, we'll be dead." Terra nodded too, a serious look about her.

"Sounds exciting," she deadpanned.

"Oh it would be, up until the moment we get shot," I laughed. "Move that back into place, we don't want anyone getting suspicious." Terra nodded and grabbed the bar, her eyes glowing again as she pulled it into place. "How does that work, then?" I asked as I slowly moved to sit on my bed.

"Earthly minerals," she explained as she dusted off her hands. "Metal, rock, dirt, stuff like that. I can do a lot more than move a simple bar."

"Good. We'll need that." I cleared off my bed and Terra went back to hers and by the time we had settled, Boles was at the door.

"You've got a visitor, Andy." I swallowed my reluctancy and stood, crossing my hands behind my back. As Boles led me through the prison, I had a burning need to ask him some questions.

"Have you always worked for him?" I didn't specify, I could tell he knew who I was talking about by the way his fingers tensed around my arm.

"For a while now." It made sense that he was reluctant to listen to me, he probably got specific orders from the Joker to ignore whatever I was saying.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked, naturally curious.

"So you could start working me under your thumb?" Boles scoffed. "I don't think so."

"Oh, come on. I'm not that bad." He rolled his eyes before bringing me to a stop and and uncuffing me, my eyes picking out the empty chair waiting for me. Trying not to run over, I sat across from Barry with a restrained smile. Something in him eased when he noticed that I was clearly better than the last time he saw me, both of us reaching for the phones about the same moment.

"Hi," I breathed, bottling up my excitement to see him and keeping it beneath the surface.

"Hey," he chuckled, a lopsided smile on his lips. My slight fear of Terra's capabilities went away, my plotting, my fear of Boles' connection to the Joker, everything that wasn't Barry was gone. I sounded like a lovesick fool who'd do anything for him. Although, I would admit I would have his back in certain situations, I'm not so sure I would go as far as to say 'anything'. And all this due to ten minutes a week with the boy. "Do you maybe want to tell me what happened last week?"

I bit my lip and ran my tongue over the shrinking scab as I shook my head. "Mm-mm, not today." Altogether, I had spent half an hour with him, and he could already make me as giddy as a kid in a candy store. "I wanna talk about you."

"Well, my name's Bartholomew Henry Allen, I'm 25, and I've lived in Central City all my life," he started with a smile, causing one of my own to grow as I watched him. "I was eight when my mom died and my dad was put in here, and I've devoted my time to forensics since then."

"So you're a nerd, then?" I giggled, leaning against my hand as I watched him in adoration. Barry thought it over, slowly nodding and meeting my eyes again.

"Yeah," he breathed, "I guess that's fair to say."

"I think it's more than fair," I fired back smugly. "But it suits you very well." A smile broke out on Barry's lips, his eyes darting away, and his cheeks flushing a tad. I really know how to pick 'em.

"Thanks," he chuckled, pulling a nod from me when he looked back up. "My dad wants me to stay away from you." I raised an eyebrow and remembered our conversation a little over a week ago.

"He's a smart man," I hummed, still taking my time to read his features. "You aren't going to, are you?" I giggled when he shook his head with determination, my smile growing. "I didn't think so."

"You know me so well," he chuckled. Oh, I wish, I thought with a soft sigh.

"I want to," I prompted. "More than I've wanted to do anything in a while." He went quiet at that, but I saw that he was trying to hide a small grin, his closed lips spread wide over his face.

"Andy, time's up." With a reluctant sigh, I stood up.

"I'll see you next week?" I hummed, biting the inside of my lip to keep the disappointment from my face. I wanted more than these ten minutes with him, he was all the motivation I had to leave here.

"I thought you knew my dad wasn't chasing me away?" I lost hold of my lip as an involentary smile broke out on my face and I had to look away from him, a breathy chuckle passing my lips. I met his eyes and nodded before hanging up the phone and allowing Boles to drag me away.