High Times

It was another night of Barry and I competing against one another to see who would stay up the longest. It wasn't a real set of trails, this unspoken war between us, but it was beginning to feel like it. With a deep breath, he tightened his hold around me and spooned further into my back. "Dromi, you asleep yet?" he mumbled into my hair.

Resisting a smile, I laid my hand over his and mumbled, "Yes." At his pause, I almost opened my eyes, but he just curled his fingers around mine and nodded.

"Okay, I won't bother you then." I allowed myself to smile when he stilled behind me, his breath running down my neck evenly. I laid there wondering how that had worked as Barry ran his thumb over my stomach. The only indication I had that he was still awake was the consistant movement of his thumb, and we laid there for at least two hours, it could've been more. I was finally starting to drift off when Barry's thumb suddenly stilled. "Hey, wait a second," he whined, sitting up a bit.

As tired as I was, I could fight all but a small curl to my lips, laying still under his analytical stare. I breathed slowly when he pressed his lips to my cheek, holding them there for a long moment. When he finally moved, he rested behind me again and brought his lips to my ear. "I love you, Dromi." An instant warmth spread from my face to my chest and Barry tightened his grip on my hand. And as much as I wanted to do something, anything in response, all I could do was continue to lay here and pretend to sleep until I was shortly doing so.

I kicked my legs back and forth boredly as I waited for Barry to get done with his patrols, my eyes drifting over the glitter of a party hat before sticking it on my head. Any minute now...

I looked up at the lock of the door, propping my feet up and putting the little blower between my lips. There was a curl to my lips when he looked up as I tooted the little horn, my micheviousness coming out for the first time in what felt like a million years. "What're you doing?" Barry chuckled, dropping his bag of gear as he walked over to me and my legs dropped again. He stood between them and held my waist as I locked my hands behind his neck, brushing my thumb under his ear.

"Happy birthday, mátia mou," I smiled, leaning forward and pressing our lips together. "You said you wanted me, tonight we're doing me." I pulled back a bit and grabbed another hat, pulling down the string and snapping the elastic under his chin. I giggled when he slightly hissed and tightened his grip on my waist, completely overdue for taking a night to turn his mood around.

"Thank you," he softly laughed, kissing me again. My smile grew as I nodded, completely unopposed to his proximity.

"You hungry?" I inquired between his lips. Only then did he give me some breathing room, a wide smile taking residence on his lips as he nodded. "Thought so," I chuckled. "Let's go."

After having properly eaten, Barry ate at least eight dishes on his own, it was time for fun. Most raves are meant to be discreet, the location isn't given out until at least the day before hand. Aside from Barry's quick working metabolism, the main reason we went to dinner was because the location was given out an hour before hand. It wasn't all that far from home, just a different section of the warehouse district several blocks down. I could tell Barry was questioning my intentions with each passing second, but I was loving the build up of anticipation.

As we got closer I could hear the music, my heart rate picking up at the thought of my old life, before all the mob bosses got involved in it. Back when it was petty crimes to get me by, parties every other night, the occasional stranger I brought home, the even rarer occasion where they stole from me and I retaliated.