Viva la Gato

I had sorted out my cut and stashed it, turning a roll of some of it over in my hands for a long while. When Selina came back into the apartment, she was rubbing her bloody knuckles with an irritated look. "So you didn't get what you were looking for?" I guessed, curling my hand around the roll of money.

"Bastard spent it all," she grumbled, causing a little smirk on my lips. "He'll be paying for it, alright." I stood and held up the roll, quirking a brow at her.

"Think this'll help?" Selina eyed it before shifting her weight.

"Works started to be good to you?" I shrugged, I was fairly indifferent about it all.

"What I took from the box, plus some interest," I informed. I held it out, her fingers brushing over mine as I held her in place. "For the cats," I reminded in a chuckle. "You'd better be taking that one with you." As if he knew I was talking about him, Joshua came up and made his presence known, mewling as he stood between us. He missed Selina twice as much as I had and he'd feel so betrayed if she stuck to her normal cat routine. Taking the roll of cash and setting it on the counter, she bent and picked him up, giving him the attention he felt he deserved.

I get it, she scoops 'em up and pampers them until she has to move again. Then she returns them to the better part of the town she's in. She took care of them to combat her own loneliness and what came with it, she must've gone through a lot with Joshua. His love for her and his own personality would devistate him if she left. I could tell by the way he walked up her shoulder and laid across both of them, giving Selina a little hunch as she grabbed her bags from earlier and kicked them into her room. "Who ripped you off?" I asked curiously, watching Selina interact with her feline.

I adjusted my hair clip and adjusted how my blue dress rested on my shoulders. I'd have to really put one on, he did have a girl, after all. I leaned my elbows on the bar and looked over the alcohol, feeling eyes on me from just about every direction. Tucking a thick patch of hair behind my right ear, I waited for the bartender to come over. I ordered something light, needing a mostly clear head, and looked over the patrons as I waited.

Clay Parker was one of the many eyes, for once not carrying his girl, Shawna, around at his heels. When he turned a certain way, I could see Selina's signature knuckle imprints on his cheek, swelling up into his eye with a dark bruise. When the bartender sat my glass down, Clay came up beside me and got a refill on his own drink. "How'd you pick up that shiner?" I asked curiously, taking a small sip of my drink.

"A bitch who didn't know her place," he grumbled, only twisting my gut further. I hadn't alerted Barry of my activity, I wasn't here on Flash business, I'm here on Don't Take What You Can't Repay business. I was doing it for Selina, even if she didn't want me to; even if she had explicitly said, 'Don't go after Parker.' When I was younger, our joke had been that I was Cat's muscle. Now, it was almost true.

"I'll bet that's an interesting story," I chuckled, my finger trailing over the rim of my glass. "What made things escalate?"

Clay scoffed and took another drink, only answering after he finished grimacing. "I didn't have what she was lookin'for." He looked me over from the corner of his eye before adding, "Don't got what you're lookin'for, either."

"How would you know?" I chuckled, bringing my glass back to my lips.

"I know girls like you, always on the look out for trouble." I chuckled and nodded.

"As much as I search for trouble, there aren't many girls like me." Yes, I doubted there were many female-villan-gone-vigilantees that went behind their partners' backs to settle someone else's scores. But everyone wouldn't be stepping forward to prove me wrong anytime soon.

Clay chuckled and shook his head, a small curl to his lips. "I'm spoken for." I shrugged, working out a new angle as I took a drink.

"So am I, kind of; it's complicated. See, I kissed him, he kissed me, we haven't spoken about it since, and I'm a bit angry about it all. I just need your help to figure out if he's serious about me. Care to lend me a hand?" I quirked a brow and gave him a small smile, mouthing a 'please' as he looked me over and contemplated it.

"Sure, little lady. Just let me finish my drink." I giggled happily and finished my own drink.

"You're the best," I praised, standing and adjusting my dress as I waited. After downing the rest of his drink, he threw a bill onto the bar and followed me to the door. Once outside he offered me his arm, one of my hands resting in the crook of this elbow and the other a little further down his arm.

"So what do you need me to do, exactly?" I shrugged and pulled him around a corner.

"Not much." Once he relaxed enough I bent his arm at an akward angle behind his back and swept out his feet, having to put some extra effort into it since he was almost twice my size. Once he was on the ground he tried to fight back but I put my knee into his spine and pushed his arm upwards, increasing the bend enough for me to feel it in his straining muscles. "Just to keep in mind that you don't take what isn't yours. Especially from my friends."

"You work with that Cat bitch, don't you?" he whined, his cries increasing in pitch the further I went. "Fuck, alright, stop!" I held his arm in place and titled my head.

"Is there anything you'd like to say for yourself?" I asked curiously.

"If I get the opportunity, I'll kill both you whores," he chuckled, despite the pain. Rolling my eyes, I pushed his arm up as far as it would go and stood, landing a couple hard kicks to his face to silence his screams.

"I highly doubt you will," I sighed, dusting myself off. Since he was unconsious, I felt around his pockets and found a key ring. I really didn't care about any but the car keys so I took them off the loop and dropped the rest of them onto his back.

Cat didn't have a car, she prefered rooftop and alley way transportation or whatever was available during a job. Barry didn't need a car, seemed a little pointless considering he could run at least ten times as fast as one. But I was getting sick of all this damn walking, I missed driving. Once I was back at the bar I clicked a button and grinned when the car's headlights shown as it unlocked.

It was a nice one, relatively new, and Clay had obviously taken care of it. Well, it'd be leaving one set of good hands for another. I quickly went through the glove box, finding no papers; it was a boosted car, it couldn't stay for long. At the very least, it would serve a good purpose.