Dumbass Plan

It was only when I got word that Terra was stable that I went to the infirmary. My trips there were rare, my reputation didn't matter all that much unless my friends or I needed medical attention. Since Terra was recieving it, I was able to talk the guards and a nurse into letting me see her. She was strapped down to a gurney, her left wrist bandaged close to where it met her hand.

When her eyes fell upon my unruly waves, she cringed a bit. "What the hell were you thinking?" I asked in a quiet, scarily calm voice. When Terra didn't respond, I tacked on, "Me hanging over a railing is going to dent our plans? What about this?" Her expression turned guilty as she looked anywhere but me, my words angry but my tone and expression sympathetic.

"I don't need to explain myself to you," she grumbled as she turned her head in the opposite direction.

"I think you do," I nodded as I stepped to her bedside. She had only slit one of her wrists, the cuffs keeping her to the bed off her bandage to avoid irritation. Gently, I put my hand in hers, watching the way she winced. It took a short moment, but she sighed and adjusted her fingers around my own, her face pulling in pain when she moved certain ways.

"Why should I?" she retored, her voice small and filled with a sliver of anxiety.

"Because I've been here, Terra," I sighed, my tone softer. "I've been in these beds, worse wounds, more determination to die." Hesitantly, she turned her head to look at me, slowly taking in my sencerity. "Why did you do this?" She let go of all but the tips of two of my fingers, hissing in pain as she reached under her leg. After freeing whatever it was, she carefully slid it into my fingers, my hand closing around hers again to properly take it.

"I was trying to help us out," she whispered.

"Andy," the nurse called, dragging my attention away from the blonde. "You should go now, let her rest." I nodded and looked back to Terra with a sad smile.

"I'll see you soon." She nodded and released my hand, my fingers curling around the scrap of paper.

"Don't go through my stuff," she weakly chuckled. The corners of my lips twitched before I walked away, making my way all the way back to my cell before even thinking of opening the piece of paper. I laid on my stomach, facing away from the bars, and carefully unfolded the little scrap. February. I frowned and turned it over for a moment before refolding it and tucking it away.

"Are you alright?" Barry asked with concern a few days later.

"Yeah," I sighed, pushing away the thoughts that filled my recent alone time. "My friend, she hurt herself. She's been in the infirmary for a week now. She said it would help us but honestly I've only walked myself in circles."

"Is she alright?" he rephrased, his worry lessened but still present.

"From what I know, yes. I'm just more worried that she isn't back yet." I ran my hand over my face with a light sigh. "Can we not talk about that?" I asked quietly.

"Okay, um, what do you want for Christmas?" Barry quickly prompted, easily able to turn my mood around.

"I dunno," I hummed, my lips turning up. "There's not much I'm allowed to have." There was already a smile on his cheeks, it sort of warmed me up inside, helped dispell the rest of the unpleasantries I was dealing with. "Besides, I don't think a custom AR-15 is a good answer," I chuckled as I bit my lip in thought. Barry lightly shook his head and watched me with some childlike wonder, and I couldn't help but think it was horribly misplaced. He shouldn't be looking like that at anyone through the glass of a prison visiting stall, least of all me. "Maybe you could do something about this," I decided, tapping the glass.

"Consider it done," he chimed, perking up a bit as a smile widened over his lips.

"Wait, are you serious?" I leaned forward, elbows resting on the flat surface in front of me, eyes wide and cautious.

"Of course, Andy. Let me guess, no Christmas for you, either?" he chuckled with a quirked brow. I shook my head and held my chin as I relaxed a bit.

"There was one time with Cat, but I don't think getting my fingerprints grafted off counts," I chuckled with interest. "What do you want for Christmas, Barry?"

"Nothing I don't already have," he chuckled.

"Really?" I inquired, leaning forward a small bit more.

"The way I see it, your gift's a win-win." I smiled at him, at a loss for words, and slowly watched something dampen his otherwise pleased expression. "You know, when I was younger, my dad wanted me to change my name, so no one would know I was his kid. But since then, I wanted to prove to everyone, the people who could do something, that my dad is good, that he didn't kill my mom." I watched him in silent confusion, wondering how he got from Christmas gifts to his parents. "But, you, Andy... I have the same feeling with you."

"I may have started young but I'm pretty sure seven was a little young for me to do it," I lightly giggled. Barry gave me a sarcastic smile and shook his head.

"There is good in you, Andy," he clarified, his smile softening out. "And I'll prove it to all the people that matter, including you."

"Is that so?" I hummed, the same moment Boles called my name. With a tight lipped smile, I added, "I'll see you later, Barry."

"Not if I see you first." The tenseness of my smile dropped as it stretched my cheeks further. I hung up the phone and silently let Boles guide me back to the cell, my eyes on the blonde inside as I waited to be uncuffed. When I was released, Terra faced me with a small smile.

"Where the hell have you been?" I growled as I stepped towards her, taking her by surprise when I hugged her.

"In the infirmary," she explained in a confused tone. "I nicked a tendon." I pulled back and gave her a reprimanding expression as I smacked the back of her head, watching her expression turn sour as she rubbed the spot.

"Don't do anything that stupid again," I scolded before sitting on my bed. I grabbed the scrap of paper and held it up for Terra's view. "What is this all about, then?"

"My source says that the best time to break out is February. I don't know why or when in the month, just that we should be aware of our opportunities." I nodded and thought this out. I'd have to reach through my guard-vine soon.

"No information is worth your life, Terra. Next time, have a better plan," I informed with a hard look, the blonde nodding with an equally stony expression.