Special Delivery

Joshua perked up first, but we both paid careful attention when there were keys in the door. We both flew to the kitchen, the cat in front of the door while I stuck to the hinged side of it. He could see the person before I did, mewling happily as the door closed. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around Selina's waist, ignoring how she jumped in surprise before sighing and resting her arm around my back. "I thought Barry would've made a good stand-in," she softly chuckled, dropping a couple bags.

"Meh," I shrugged. "He's not you." With a soft laugh, she walked us further into the apartment, both of us dropping onto the couch and just laying there. "Where did you go?"

"Back to Gotham," she sighed, her eyes just wandering over the ceiling. "Br--Batman," she quickly corrected, "needed my help. I owed him one." Her words were clipped, like her brain wanted to say more but she abruptly stopped it from doing so.

I sat up to get a proper look at the masked guilt on her face, my eyebrows coming together with subtle confusion. "You're going back permanently, aren't you?" I realized.

"I wouldn't say 'permanently,' but I will be there for an extended amount of time," Cat sighed. "I'm not leaving right away, though."

"But you're leaving Ohio for Jersey?" The mask fell away as Selina met my eye, her guilt clear. It wasn't some new stressor, I could tell she'd been worrying over it probably since she made the decision. She knew I wasn't going back to Gotham. I knew too many bad people there, I would only fall back into old, worse habits. From what I knew, Harley had been taken to the same place my 'uncle' Flyod Lawton was locked up. Worst case scenario, I'd take her place of the Joker's favorite play thing.

"I haven't figured that out yet," Selina sighed. "You can keep this place if you want?" I shrugged and cuddled up to her, smiling when Joshua jumped up and laid on both of our torsos.

"How could you break up this wonderful trio?" I wondered in a sad tone, despite my smile.

"I take in strays, I release them back to the streets when I move. You could take him?" I laughed, watching the way he looked between us as we spoke.

"He doesn't like Barry, he's made that clear," I pointed out, still laughing.

"So you'll be staying with Barry?" she asked. My laughter softly died and I slowly shrugged.

"I haven't figured that out yet," I mimicked. My short nap at his place was perfect, I couldn't fathom a high better than him being there the moment I needed him to be. I could see myself staying with him, but it took him some time to adjust to me kissing him. I can't imagine how long it'll take to him to process that request. Knowing Barry, he'd get that little school girl blush before running off to fight some crime. Even when he wasn't being the Flash, he was working at the Central City Police Department's forensic department. It was like he never got a break.

"Well, like I said, I'm staying for a while so you can figure it out." Joshua meowed in dismissal, deciding it no longer concerned him, and jumped off of me to wander off, leaving Cat to sit herself up.

"But you're going out again," I finished, noticing her work air hanging around.

"Yes. Someone hasn't followed through, I have some business to attend to... I only came by to drop off my stuff." I sighed and sunk further into the couch.

"I'll see you later, then," I decided, fighting the instinctual urge to roll my eyes. By the time Selina had looked me over to say something, I was already looking up the number for the closest pizza delivery place. And by the time she was at the door I was holding the phone to my ear to order the pizzas. After placing the order, I texted Barry to come over to throw things into his sinkhole of a stomach, the apartment quiet when I finished.