11$

"What are you doing?" Bam Bam asked from the cabin doorway. He stood alone in a pair of basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. The sweatshirt being way too big for him and I got the feeling that it didn't belong to him either.

I rubbed at my sore knee with a scowl on my face before shoving the box back under the bed where I found it ,to be forgotten for a while. It was just a bunch of newspaper clippings. Taehyung probably wanted to be the next Sherlock Holmes when he grew up, no doubt he had the personality for it. The only problem was the boy never had a shot at finding a Watson.

"What are you doing here?" I asked standing up. Holly scampered off again under Taehyungs bed. Her new sanctuary.

Bam Bam ran his hands though his hair. "The wake up's finished and well, there are no classes on the schedule so."

I finished for him "want to hang out?"

Bam nodded gratefully, his cheeks ablaze "yeah, that would be nice."

Bam gestured for me to follow him and we set off towards the lake, not without me telling Holly she was head guard dog for the day.

I stared down at my sneakers while we walked. Kicking a stray pebble every now and then. I wanted to ask Bam if he thought the others would forgive me for botching my initiation so badly, but he seemed preoccupied. His brown eyed gaze was trained out onto the still lake. Out in the distance you could see a few canoes but other than that the water was utterly undisturbed.

"This is your first time at this camp right?" Bam asked.

More like my first time spending any summer away from my game stations and comics, home. Instead of voicing all that I just nodded.

"My sisters hot." Bam blurted suddenly.

I didn't exactly know how to respond to that. Was I supposed to reassure him that his sister was indeed hot? Did I ask if he had a pic so I can confirm? Or did I deny and say 'No my sister is far hotter.' Knowing very well that I didn't have a sister and was an only child.

I went with the first option. "I'm sure your sister is very hot."

Bam glared at me and I shrugged. Wrong choice I guess. "I mean, she's pretty, and pretty people are distracting."

For whatever reason my mind landed on Taehyung and how he was dominating my thoughts lately. That slender lithe figure and unblemished tanned skin. His perfect heart shaped lips, pink and- NO! YOONGI! Holly is the prettiest women in your life and all you need in life! You two will get married one day and have furry children.

"Dude are you gaydreaming?"

I sputtered "W-What?!"

Bam blushed "Sorry, it's just something Yugyeom says sometimes."

We arrived at a quite section of the lake and seated ourselves on the log near the water. Bam yanked off his sneakers and socks before dipping his legs into the water. I took a second to revel in how slender his legs were. At least im not the only one. All the other guys that I've seen so far look like Mammoths.

"So about your sister?"

"Oh!" bam exclaimed, splashing some cool water at me accidentally. I took that as initiative to dip my feet in as well. "I was just warning you is all. Pretty people are distracting. A lot of people fall in love at summer camp and I just wanted to tell you to never ever under no circumstances give your heart to a pretty person." The boys shoulders sagged in sadness "There are a lot of pretty people here, and they pretend as if they like you, but they don't."

I...am.... Lost,

"They let you get attached to them and then BAM! They fall head over heels for the lonely kid and forget all about you."

We sat in silence for a while. I thought Bam could use the time to pull his thoughts together but my stomach had to ruin it with its screams of murder. You could swear that I hadn't eaten in years by the way it shrieked in terror.

I patted Bams shoulder hesitantly. "Why don't we finish this conversation over some food?" He gave the lake one more glance before smiling back at me. "Sure"