Bet

"If you would just stop pacing, I would totally be able to relax." Stella told her nervous boyfriend, who was pacing back and forth while they waited for the doctor to come into the room at Stella's first appointment for their baby.

"I can't, I'm nervous!" He said, sitting on the doctor's stool and spinning around and around until the door opened.

The doctor walked in, took one look at Kelly, and laughed. "So, you're obviously a first-time Dad."

"That noticeable?" He asked, standing up.

"It always is."

Soon, the group was looking at a little black orb on the screen, seeing their baby for the very first time.

"This, right here, is your baby." The doctor stated. "You are roughly 8 weeks along. I recommend not continuing to work as a firefighter, or at the very least, requesting light duty. I'll see you back in 1 month."

"When can we find out what the baby is?" Stella asked.

"Usually between 16-20 weeks."

"It's a boy." Kelly declared. "I already know it's a boy."

"And if you're wrong?" Stella challenged.

"If I'm wrong, which I'm not, then you get to pick the nursery theme." Kelly decided.

"Deal. If by chance you're right, you can pick the nursery theme."

"Deal."

-/-/

That night, Kelly and Stella sat in their favorite ice cream parlor, drinking milkshakes and talking.

"So, When were you thinking about switching from Truck over to paperwork?" Kelly hinted.

Stella sighed. "I don't know. I love being a firefighter. These next 7 months will suck."

"It's worth it for our baby boy."

"You mean our baby girl?"

"Whatever you want to think." Kelly laughed.

"Well, either way, I guess I should ask Chief about helping out in the bullpen instead of being on truck until after I come back from maternity leave." 

"That might be best. I just want you and our baby boy to be healthy."

"Baby girl." Stella corrected with a smile.

"Either way, I love you."

"I love you, too."