Fishing

After eating breakfast and doing chores around the house, Kelly had an idea. "Hey, kids, come into the living room real quick." He called as he sat next to Stella on the couch.

Soon the three were in front of them, waiting to hear what their dad had to say.

"Since this is our first not busy day in a long time, how would you guys like to go fishing?" Kelly asked.

"Yeah!" Caleb shouted.

"I don't want to, I hate fishing." Olivia said, earning a smile from Stella.

"Me too, baby girl. We can stay home and have a movie day." She assured her.

"I don't feel good." Mason said, laying his head against Stella as he sat beside her. Stella felt his forehead and nodded to Kelly, informing him discreetly that Mason indeed had a fever.

"Okay, well, it's just you and me, Buck." Kelly said, his little boy cheering.

Soon, the two were on the edge of the lake, chatting as they waited for a bite on their lines.

"I want to catch a seahorse." Caleb informed Kelly as he played with the end of his fishing pole.

"A seahorse?" Kelly chuckled. "I'm not too sure there are any seahorses in Lake Michigan. I think maybe just fish are in here."

"Oh. Are there any dolphins in there?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Sharks?"

"No, just normal fish, Buck."

"Oh. I think you have one, Daddy!" He said excitedly as he saw Kelly's pole begin to bend at the top.

"I think you're right. Help me reel it in." Kelly said, letting Caleb turn the reel to bring the line in. On the end of the hook was a small fish, no bigger than Caleb's hand, but it made him so happy.

"Can I hold him?" Caleb asked as Kelly got him off the hook.

"Sure, But just for a second. Then you have to throw him back."

Caleb took hold of the fish and squealed in delight before gently tossing him back into the water. "Let's catch more!"