Reconciliation

"Uh-oh, Dad's calling you." Caleb told Liv, holding up her phone for her to see the caller ID.

"He's probably just mad I took his car."

"To be fair, you don't have a license."

"To be fair, shut up." She teased before answering the phone. Caleb watched as her face dropped. Once she ended the call, she looked at him. "We gotta go."

"Why? What happened? Are you in trouble?"

"No, well yeah probably, but Mason got in a car accident. We gotta get to Med."

———

"How is he? Is he okay?" Stella and Kelly asked Maggie as they rushed into Med.

"He's being treated by Dr. Halstead right now, lets get you two to the waiting area." She assured them, guiding them away from the ED.

"How bad is it?" Kelly asked.

Maggie sighed. "I'm going to be honest with you guys, it's not good. He was in pretty bad shape when he came in. Paramedics said a truck hit him head on near Grant Ave."

"That's close to where Casey lives." Stella sighed.

"If it's any consolation, Mason is one tough kid. If anybody can pull through this, it's him. I'll go get an update from Dr. Halstead as soon as I can and I'll get back to you guys. Until then, just wait here."

"Thanks Maggie." They said before she left. Once she was gone, Kelly wrapped his arms around Stella.

"I'm scared, Kelly." She sobbed into his chest.

"I'm so sorry, baby. This is all my fault, I should have never taken this out on you or the kids, I should've never left, and I should have never fought with Mason last night. I'm sorry." Kelly told her, tears from his face falling onto her head.

"I shouldn't have left either. I knew you were struggling." She told him, sniffling as she tried to still crying and looked up at him.

"No, it's not your fault at all. This is all on me. I'm going to get help. I'll go to counseling, I'll get help. I won't take this out on you or the kids anymore. God, I could've saved so much trouble and stress for all of you guys." Kelly cried.

"Hey," Stella said, wiping the tears from his face. "We all do things we regret, it's okay. We're going to get through this. I forgive you, and I know the kids will too."

Then as if on cue, Caleb and Liv walked in.