Chapter 3

Chapter 3

His dark blue eyes met mine, a color which appeared in the oceans of the fantasy tales. He rolled his light indigo eyes and it took me a few seconds to come back to the reality. Those eyes were sharp and full of emotions which were abruptly conversing something, but out of my comprehension. I was able to only see the half of his face which was turned towards me and was instantly pulled into the admiration. What it would be like in the future when he actually stood before me like a stout gentleman!

I turned the other way round. I didn't want to visualise someone who I was supposed to get married to, of course not in real but I would be asked to stay with him together. The rarest thought of the deal was getting the heck out of me as I wasn't prepared for such an encounter. I was lying on a hospital bed with blood smeared all over my white dress and he was feebly staring at me. I had never expected the first meeting with the rich tycoon to be so awkward and embarrassing.

Mr. Karthik's words disturbed me once again. "First impression is the last impression."

Now I know my first impression wasn't good on him at all. I was also worried for Mr. Karthik's plan and feared if my actions had disappointed him anyhow.

"Is she the one who gave me a new life?" I heard Mr. Singhania speaking for the first time so near me, appalling me again. Though I had earlier heard his voice on television but this was something different. He was speaking live before me with a gap of only a few feet between us.

His voice was trembling because of the weakness he was inwardly experiencing from the gunshots but it sounded like a soothing melody to my ears. His voice was neither gruff nor smooth, but kind of wheezy from which I could conclude the state of his aching body. The illness was preventing him to speak in a flat baritone.

"She is but she's not what you think. She was here for a different cause but got stuck in donating you blood." I heard Mr. Karthik's cold voice.

"Then what for?" Mr. Singhania spoke again and I fixated my eyes elsewhere. I wasn't able to get my brain to peace as Mr. Karthik was responding on a serious note and Mr. Singhania kept on enquiring more about me.

"I'll explain you everything once you are out of this place, Siddharth. Please know that she's a reputed doctor who is assisting me to help you out of everything. She also needs to pretend in front of the public that she's your long term estranged girlfriend who is back in your life again." Mr. Karthik explained, getting nearer to him.

A sudden feeling of extreme scariness clinched my heart, the fear of how Mr. Singhania would react upon listening something very dramatic and insensible kind of a proposal. Mr. Karthik always had peculiar ideas stacked up in his sleeves, but this time he was trying hard to pair us as characters of a real life movie to catch hold of the culprit. A man of nearly fifty years of age was behaving rather strange and surreal.

"Are you out of your mind, Sir?" Mr. Singhania's undertoned voice turned heavy. I was thankful that he wasn't too quick to explode upon knowing the idiotic reasons.

"I know you will find it unimaginable but you know how my ideas have been in various cases... And this time I found no better idea than this. Believe me, I trust this girl and so I want you both to act till I get hold of the culprit's neck." Mr. Karthik tried to explain him.

"Will it be a drama? But I can't agree unless I converse with the girl personally." I heard Mr. Singhania struggling to take a quick decision, yet his temper was dwindling for the time being.