Chapter 38 (His POV)

Chapter 38

**Siddharth's POV**

Sapna was so innocent that I couldn't finish my laughter easily. She had trusted Kiran and her own trust had betrayed her. She must have been feeling guilty with everything but it hurt me to see her in pain.

"Why didn't you prefer to watch the clips?" I asked wittily, wiggling my eyebrows.

She slammed my chest. "How could I have watched the clips that included my husband with an another woman?"

I caught hold of her palms and kissed her knuckles. "The clips did never include me, Sapna. It included Kiran with someone else."

Sapna sat upright on the bed. "Are you kidding me like Mr. Karthik?"

I was still lying on the pillow. "Your Mr. Karthik has got the habit of kidding but I don't."

"Tell me more of it, please. I am losing my patience." She was beginning to palpitate and I pulled her towards me again.

"Stop losing patience every now and then, Sapna. It was because of your nature of losing patience that you had taken such a poor decision years ago. You had never learnt your lessons and we had to suffer unnecessarily." I caressed her shoulders.

"I am sorry but blame me later, Siddharth. Tell me everything now."

"Are you ready to listen? It may make you feel guilty for the whole life."

"I am already guilty. There is nothing more left to it." She lamented, her eyes drooping in shame.

"Nothing had actually happened between Kiran and me that evening. It was true that she was all ready for it and had arranged the camcorders to collect evidences in the form of video clips so that she could claim me later. When she got my drinks spiked, I fell unconscious and she fetched me to her room."

"Was she so cunning?"

I paused before disclosing more truth to her. "But she didn't know that her own drink was intoxicated. Someone had interchanged everything, by mixing sleeping pills in my glass and the intoxicating pills which she had brought for me was mixed in hers."

"Phew! Who did that?" Sapna's face was brewing with rage.

"There comes the twist. Everything was done by Pratik because Kiran had shared her plans with him. I was fast asleep and Kiran was not in her senses. Pratik grabbed the chance and he did what Kiran was supposed to do with me. Pratik left the room quietly after having sex with her and I regained my consciousness later. When I was trying to escape from Kiran, Pratik re-entered with you." I was laughing while narrating her the story.

"The things were so complicated and I believed that stupid Kiran!" Sapna was now gaping widely.

"Stupid is not the right word for her, Sapna. She needs more swearing words."

"What more did she do, Siddharth? She fooled me and what else?"

"She not only fooled you but also went to the extent of threatening Lavanya and murdering someone." I stated and her eyes widened instantly.

"Did she kill Lavanya or what?" Her face was panic stricken.

"She couldn't because we caught her before it." I paused a little. "When Kiran regained consciousness that evening, she discovered Pratik in the videos. Since you had already witnessed her with me, she thought to spoil our relationship by blackmailing you. Later when Pratik got caught by the police, she found out about his obsessive love for her."