Chapter 34 (His POV)

Chapter 34

** Siddharth's POV **

The first winter rain was here in Kolkata as I padded down the lanes of the Bentinck street to reach Sir's house. He was suffering from a terminal illness and had nobody to look after him, except me.

In all these years, I didn't pass even a single day without juggling between his and my house. I used to recklessly visit everyday to help him out in every possible way I could. He had always trusted me as his able agent and loved me as if I was his own son. During the dark days of his life, I only wanted to stay beside him as his sole support.

The journey to the forest five years ago had turned out to be our biggest nightmares, both for Sir and me. The news of his terminating disease was discovered by us at the forest after he had fallen ill. When I returned home later, I had lost something very precious from my life. She had shut all the doors to reach her, leaving me behind to face everything alone.

I was given the responsibilities of both my family and Sir's, managing everything single handedly. I didn't have the spare time to spend my lonely days falling weak for her or staying awake during nights in endless nightmares. The dark five years of mine were spent in utter darkness and the feeling of incompleteness in life.

As soon as I entered Sir's bungalow, someone's voice in the garden mesmerised me. She was speaking with the gardener in her angelic voice, admirable to hear her.

"Uncle, what is the flower doing in this glass case?" I could hear the faint voice of a little child, most probably of the age of four or five.

She was enquiring of the glass case which I had once dedicated to Sir and was now shifted to his bungalow. I couldn't afford to keep Sapna's remembrances with me, and when her flower drooped long ago, I had shifted Sir's glass case here. I had already lost a blooming flower from my life and the other one was on the verge of extinction.

"It is the symbol of love for an old angel," I told the girl child with the angelic voice.

As soon as she heard my voice, she rotated on her heels to face me. The adorable face of her was so captivating that I kept gazing at her in amazement. She was someone who could be gazed at for the entire day without a break.

She was indeed a little angel!

Her delicate and petite body was covered with a beautiful baby pink gown and her brown hair locks were held in place with a hairband. She had the tinge of similar color of my eyes in hers and her cheeks dug into cuter dimples whenever she smiled, like the way she was smiling widely at me now.

 She had the tinge of similar color of my eyes in hers and her cheeks dug into cuter dimples whenever she smiled, like the way she was smiling widely at me now