Chapter 26 (Blockbuster)

Chapter 26

Playlist for this episode

Siddharth took permission like a gentleman to ask something from me and I granted him willingly. I was eager to know what he had in store but it shouldn't be anything as leaving the bungalow upon fulfilment of our contract. I was wondering if it was his last thanksgiving date and if he would gently ask to part from me. For a second, I could never think of leaving him because I was in love with him.

Siddharth fished out something from his coat pocket and took a random step behind. He blindfolded me, stunning me with his move. "Don't lose patience, Sapna."

"Siddharth, what are you doing?" I was palpitating, my palms rubbing against the surface of the velvet cloth covering my eyes.

"Stay still, will you?" He shushed me and paused for a few brief minutes before removing the cover off my eyes. "Now open your eyes slowly, Sapna."

My eyelids were trembling to stretch open and view any heartbreaking surprise before me. My eyeballs went wide when I saw him holding something in his right hand. It was a small and square shaped ornamental box. The contents of the box was freaking me inside out when I uncovered the unexpected...

A solitaire ring!

I gaped my mouth to mutter something but he instantly knelt on his knees, preventing me from speaking anything. He took the ring in between his fingers and stretched it out to me. "Will you stay in my life forever as my wife and as my guardian angel?"

It was like a dream coming true. I wanted someone to pinch me to bring me back to the reality. I had been waiting for my prince charming for so many years and he was here in the form of my husband. Was he proposing me or asking me about my feelings for him?

And I knew my answer already!

"Siddharth, this?" I was speechless and stared at him, my face frozen like a blank canvas.

"Just tell me YES or NO." The skin on his forehead was grooved into many folds, most probably he was fearing of the same, my refusal and denial.

But when I nodded my head in AFFIRMATION, he jumped in joy and lifted me higher by my thighs, my dress floating freely below the dark sky. The garden was the witness of our beautiful confession and I gave him the happiness which he had longed for in his entire life. I had agreed to remain as his wife forever. A wife was the backbone of a family and his family was starting to orient around me.

He walked indoors with me in his arms and I continued reading the jovial expressions written over his delighted face. The evening passed very quickly before we both could realise the time. The ancestral clock to the bungalow oscillated once and we knew it was exactly one o'clock of the night. The night was silent and cold, but we were already in each other's embrace. The chilly weather didn't matter to us since we were already warm into each other's arms.

We reached our room and he landed me to the floor, rotating me to face him. I gazed deeply into his blue oceanic eyes and he reciprocated to my stare, our silent locking of eyes growing intense with the passage of time.

"Your left hand please..." He pleaded in his angelic voice and I stretched out my hand to him. He slipped the solitaire into my ring finger and kissed my knuckles. "You are mine Sapna, only mine from today."