LVII

You clutched the grey sheets beneath you, turning on your side to stare out the window, gazing over Naboo in the darkness.

Your presentation of the idea of using Chandrilla was a hit. Maybe it was because it was your only option left, but you pretended that it was a good idea.

so then it was planned. You were to go with Poe, Rey and Finn (not Rose) to the Verona palace. You had a plan to prove your bloodline, but you had no idea if it would work.

You squeezed your eyes shut, trying to get any memory of Kylo out of your mind. You couldn't shake the fact that he was probably on his way now, to butcher you and your friends.

You wondered what he was thinking at the moment. The first lesson he had taught you, despite it being meant for advanced Jedi, but Kylo insisted on teaching you how to read emotions. How to make connections through the Force. It was the only thing you could do flawlessly.

But you were not hardly strong enough to make a connection across the galaxy. Across the ship, maybe even a separate ship if you were feeling frisky, but certainly not across the galaxy.

You opened your eyes, but you immediately felt your stomach drop. Around you, all sound went dead. You were in your own bed, the bed that you shared with Kylo.

And beside you? Kylo himself.

You were maybe a foot or two away from him, he in the same position as you, shirtless with his black sheets wrapped around his torso. You could tell he wasn't asleep, even though you could not see his face.

His sniffles came to an abrupt end. Looking up cautiously, you find his eyes. your lips parted slightly, and as much you wanted to touch him, you knew you couldnt. If you did, your form would become physical.

"Y/N" he whispered out, his brown eyes glossy as he wiped away a lock of hair that was stuck to the side of his face "how are you doing this"

"I didn't do anything--" you heard your own voice echo through your mind

"It can't be you. you're not strong enough yet, the effort would kill you." He shook his head, trying to contain the emotions practically pouring out of him.

"How do I break it? How do I end this connection?" You asked frantically, worried that he would make a rash decision resulting in fatal injury.

"So you went with them voluntarily. It wasn't just a kidnapping" he shook his head and looked down again, clutching the sheets harder

"Of course I wasn't kidnapped"

"Then why did you do it?" He asked, his head snapping up again. "How could you leave me?"

"I didn't leave you" you shook your head, wiggling your way closer to him, now not caring about the connection. You touched his wet cheets, feeling the atmosphere change from the warm coziness of the Resistance cot to the cold, dead air of the ship. "You just have to come back to me" you have him a smile, running your thumb over the stubble he had from the lack of shaving.

"I don't understand it. Why? Why them? Was it a lie the entire time?" He asked, gripping on to your wrists for dear life and ignoring your comment.

"No! Kylo I love you!" You shook your head " you know I love you so much"

"Then why would you leave me?" He squeezed his eyes, more years falling out and landing on the sheets underneath you.

"Because--" you were going to tell him that you were expecting, but you had no idea how he would react and you couldn't risk anything at this point. " Because I want what's best for you"