14: Confessions

Alessia Cara- River of Tears

"I thought that you would be the hero,
Come and save the day,
But you're villain,
Your sins unforgiven
I'm going down and you have watched me drown,
In a river of tears"

Maia

"Let me in honey." My mom said over and over again.

I didn't want her to seem me like this. I was a mess. A really big one. And an ugly one too. The only time I was ever beautiful was in Cade's arms. He made me beautiful.
His beauty overshadowed my not so pretty self.

"Mom please just go. I can't let you see me like this." I begged.

"No I'm worried about you. And sweetheart I promise you that if you confide in me, I'll help you regardless of what it is. Please let me in." She asked softly.

I got up, unlocked the door and I went to face the window at the other side of the room.

"Honey?"

"It's open." I told her.

The door screeched slightly as she opened it.
I started sobbing once I heard her footsteps coming closer to me. I turned to face her and I embraced her into a really right hug.
I hug in which I released all my demons and my insecurities. My fears and my worst nightmares disappeared for a moment. We moved to my bed and she sat there and I rested my head on her legs.

"Now you wanna tell me what's bothering you?" She asked.

"I fell for him. He fucked me, dated me, and now he's breaking me." I said as she patted my hair.

"Oh honey, who's this? Is it Jack?" She asked.

"No. Screw him. It's Cade." I said.

Her eyes widened in disbelief.

"You mean the Cade Harrison, the star basketball player from your school. The one you were crazy about for years?"

"Unfortunately yes."

"Okay look, when I was your age, I had a boyfriend of my own, and he cheated on me, I'm not saying that's what Cade is doing or will do, but my point is, when I discovered that he cheated, I was upset. And the only reason why I was furious wasn't only because he cheated but I got so attached to him and then it became an obsession and worse for you, you've had a crush on him for years and now that he's given you attention, it means the world to you. Am I right?"

"Hell yes you are mom." I said back.

"So you're not going to sit here and drown in your own tears, are you? Because I didn't raise a weak little girl. I raised a strong and determined woman who fights for what she loves. Am I right?" She said once again.

"Yes mommy."

"So go out there and fight for him. But just remember that you can't fight alone. If he doesn't want to fight for you too then don't waste your precious time and energy okay? You're worth more than gold. You glow like the moon and you shine like the stars my baby. Don't let him take that away. And those blue contact lenses are making you look finer." My mom said.

I smiled at her. She's the only person who's stood by me my whole life. I guess I owe a lot to her.

"Thank you mom, for allowing me to confess all my problems to you. It means so much." I thanked her.

"No problem my baby. Now go get your man. But keep in mind what I told you baby girl." She said as I got up and she stood up as well.
"Now I have to go to work otherwise I'll be behind schedule. I love you." She kissed me in the forehead.

"I love you too mom." I managed to say.

Once she left, I felt some bit of inner peace.
My mom was really an angel from above.
And she was right. I had to go check on Cade. Maybe something was wrong after all and I was just too paranoid because I'm afraid of losing him.

I checked my phone and read Ember's text message.

It read; 'Blue where are you? It's really bad. Jack has been very strange lately. There are rumours that he's getting suicidal. Hit me up as soon as you get this message.'

I immediately felt weak after reading the message even before I opened it. There wasn't time for me to be worrying about Jack. I mean he was a person of significance in my life for quite a while but not after his recent rowdy behaviour.

I put my phone in my pocket and made way to Cade's house.

It was time to put an end to this misery...