S2: Abomination

Luna PoV
''They're coming back" Deaton said as he's healing Scott up. "So we don't have much time to talk."

"What is that?" I asked him who was about to put some liquid on Scott.

"Rubbing alcohol" Deaton answered. "You don't want it to get infected, do you?" He asked Scott. Scott shook his head slightly. "You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek."

"Ok, how do you know all this?" Scott questioned. "Actually, how - How do you know anything?" Scott corrected himself. I looked at Deaton because I'm also still wondering how he knows everything.

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind? I can help. This. This is something different'' he said, pointing at the dead body.

"Well, do you know what did it?" I asked.

"No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered."

"All the things? How many different things are there?" Scott asked in shock. Then we heard a car door closing. Scott and I went into to closet. And I tried to remain calm at how close me and Scott were. We were face to face. Our faces were only inches apart.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent "closed" sign'' we heard Deaton say.

"Hello, Alan" I heard Gerard's voice. "It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired."

"Last I heard you followed a code of conduct".

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours" I heard Chris' voice.

"I did, I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his finger tips. So don't assume I will be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions".

"He was only 24" Chris informed Deaton.

"Killers come in all ages."

"All ages, sizes, shapes. It's the last one that concerns us" Gerard said.

"How about you tell us what you found?" Chris suggested.

"See this cut? Precise. Almost surgical. This isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose" Deaton told them.

"Relating to the spine" Gerard added.

"That's right. Whatever made this cut, it's laced with a paralytic toxin, potent enough to disable all motor functions. These are the cause of death. Notice the patterns on each side."

"Five for each finger" Chris said.

"Each claw" Gerard corrected him.

"As you can see, it dug in, slashed upward, eviscerating the lungs and slicing through the bone of the rib cage with ease".

"Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Chris asked Deaton.

"No."

"Any idea at all what killed him?"

"No. But I can tell you it's fast, remarkably strong, and has the capacity to render its victims essentially helpless within seconds."

"If you're saying we should be cautious? We get it."

"I'm saying you should be afraid. Be very afraid. Because in the natural world, predators with paralytic toxins use them to catch and eat their prey. This prey wasn't eaten. That means whatever killed him only wanted to kill him. In fact, killing may be its only purpose'' Deaton finished.

~~~

''So what do you think it is? You know, that lizard man we saw the other day?'' Scott asked me as we were both walking back in the woods.

''I don't know. That was my first time seeing a creature like that'' I shrugged. ''Hey Scott'' I stopped walking. ''Why are you walking here? Don't you have to go home?''

''Oh. I'm meeting up with Allison at the top'' he replied.

''Allison?'' I repeated, nodding my head slightly. ''Well, then I guess this is my stop'' I said, pointing at the right side of the path. ''Bye Scott''.

''Luna, wait'' Scott called out and I turned to him. ''I don't know what happened between us in the last two months, but I really want you back in my life. I mean like, working together was fun wasn't it? So please Luna. Can we go back to the way they were when I first met you and all?'' he asked, with a hopeful smile. I stared straight to his eyes. I can tell he really wants me back.

''I'll...I'll see'' I replied and his smile fell down. ''See you around Scott'' I said and left him.

~~~

The next day, I walked into school about to go to my locker but I heard Stiles call me. ''Hey Luna!'' I turned around and saw him and Scott sitting on the stairs.

''Yeah?'' I asked as I walked over to them.

''So Scott here, informed me about the Argents keeping records of what they hunt. So, it's basically a bestiary, right?''

''Luna, please tell him bestiary is not a word'' Scott said making me raise an eyebrow at him.

''Actually it is'' I told him. ''Bestiary is like an encyclopedia of supernatural creature that hunters use.''

''See, I told you it's word'' Stiles told Scott who rolled his eyes. ''Luna, I'm so glad you became my friend''.

''Wait, if a bestiary has information about all supernatural creatures and the argents keep records of what they hunt. And they probably have information about that lizard thing...'' I paused for a moment.

''We need that book'' me, Scott and Stiles said.

''Right Stiles, you know what to do'' Scott said and Stiles quickly ran out making me confused.

''Where?''

''Go talk to Allison about the bestiary'' Scott replied.

''Why can't you...'' I stopped talking when I saw the cameras. ''Oh right. Gerard is the replacement principle and put up cameras'' I remembered. ''But Scott using Stiles...you and Allison seriously need to find a different way to communicate''.

''How-''

''Hey guys'' Danny came up to us. ''Sorry Scott, I need to borrow Luna here''. Danny grabbed my arm and dragged me into an empty classroom.

''What the hell Danny?''

''Sorry, it's just Jackson. He videoed himself sleeping and gave me the camera to watch the video. He told me if I find anything weird about the video I should show it to you so...here''. Danny held out the camera and I hesitated but took it anyways. When I watched it, there was actually something wrong with it. There was like a footage missing.

''Who else knows about this video?'' I asked.

''Matt. That's because that's his camera so...''

''His camera?'' I repeated and Danny nodded.  ''Lacrosse game is on tonight, right?'' I asked and Danny nodded. ''Ok thanks for showing me'' I said, giving the camera back to Danny and left the room.

~~~

Everyone was at the game, but I wasn't. I was in Matt's house in his room looking for that missing footage. I may have followed Matt home after school and once he left for the match I just stayed here and started to find for that footage. It was so hard to find though. The game could be almost finished, which means Matt could be home anytime soon so I'm screwed. 'MI looked at the desk and saw Matt's laptop. I walked over to desk, opened the laptop and required a password. I don't know Matt well I don't know what password he would use. All of a sudden I heard keys rattling from outside. I walked to the window and I saw Matt at the front door, and entered his house. I quickly closed the laptop and I opened the window, jumped out and quickly left.