Burn (Poe Request)

After this chapter I'm not taking any more requests. But you can still request from the prompts if you want. This chapter is based off of the song above, "First Burn, " I reccomend you listen to it before you read this chapter. Also pretend you have a sister named Angelica for this purpose.
••••••

It was late at night, and you had come home to your house, where Poe and you had stayed. You had just found out that Poe had cheated on you, only because he did it to "protect some mission" and you were furious.

You parked the speeder on the balcony of your home, getting out and marching inside.

You looked around the room for the closest object of his you could destroy, and that's when you saw it: his letters. Poe and you had met by your sister, Angelica. She introduced you to him at a celebration at the Rebel Base, and you both had been dating, then you got married ever since. Whenever Poe was away, he would send you letters of poetry, love letters, and letters telling you about his day. Whenever you felt down, you always went to his letters for comfort. But not today.

Your eyes flicked around the room, seeing where you should take his letters and throw them away, just as your heart had been thrown out and stomped on. At last, your eyes came upon the fireplace, it's burning embers crackling delicately.

You grabbed the letters blindly, not batting an eye about how much they meant to you, or used to mean to you. You slowly walked up to the fire with the letters clutched in your hands. You opened a few of them, skimming over the lines that he wrote to you. You pursed your lips together as you felt tears coming out of your eyes, and falling on to the paper, it's ink becoming smeared.

One by one you skimmed over the letters, then throwing them into the flames watching them burn one at a time, the smell of burnt paper began to fill the air.

You sat yourself down in front of the flames, your eyes squinting from the light.

As you were about to pick up another letter, you heard the door open to your home. You knew it was Poe.

"(Y/N)?" he asked, creeping up towards you. "I... I can explain-"

You weren't going to let him explain. He was probably going to come up with some lousy excuse and expect you to run into his arms. No, you were tired of running. You were tired of his excuses and his lies. You were not going to let him get away with the weak version of yourself. You were going to leave a mark in his mind that you would always remember this moment, so he would spend every night wondering about you.

"I saved every letter you wrote me," you sniffed, holding up a letter to him, your back still facing him and your attention still on the fire. "From the moment I saw you, I knew you were mine, you said you were mine, I thought you were mine. " you lowered your hand, examining the piece of paper, another tear slipping from your eye. You tore it up into shreds, and sprinkled them into the fire once again.

You heard Poe's breath hitch behind you as he saw all of his work being torn into the flames.

"Do you know what Angelica said when I told her what you'd done?" you asked, looking down at your hands, covered in wet ink, from wiping away your tears on the letters. "She said, 'You have married an Icarus, he has flown too close to the sun, '" you quoted, sniffing again, as you thought her words spoke truth.

Poe came up behind you, but you stood up and whipped around to face him, your eyes were daggers, burning just like the flames that cackled before you. "Don't, " you stopped him, tears flooding from your eyes, but your fixed your posture, making sure you weren't weak. "Take another step in my direction I can't be trusted around you, " you spat, your hands trembling from fear and heartache.