Prompt #7 (Anakin)

*Anakin's POV* also this is a really long chapter so be prepared. I'm not going to write two chapters on one prompt, so if you need to take food breaks or pee breaks feel free.
••••••
"Oh come on Anakin! This should be fun! We haven't had a mission like this since Padmè all those years ago," Obi-Wan laughs, patting Anakin on the back while standing in the elevator in the Jedi Temple next to him.

Anakin groaned, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, and it was long and boring, mostly revolved around politics. I don't want to be stuck in a room full of high-class royalty and politicians for a few days, talking about their snooty lives," Anakin mutters, crossing his arms. Anakin had been dreading the past few days, knowing this mission was coming up. He wanted to be out on the battlefield beside Ahsoka and Rex, not protecting some queen who probably wasn't even in any real danger.

"Oh lighten up Anakin, admit it, you had fun with those politicians back on Naboo with Padmè," he chuckled, continuing to poke at Anakin with a pointy stick (figuratively speaking).

Anakin chuckled at Obi-Wan's sarcasm, although he did think he had fun on Naboo with Padmè, he wasn't going to admit that. He and Padmè had a fun experience on Naboo, but nothing else happened. In fact at one point, he thought he caught feelings for her but he ignored them and continued to abide by the Jedi Code. "No, never. Those meetings were awful."

Again, Obi-Wan laughed, enjoying Anakin's dismay a little too much. "Oh okay, I'll shut up now. " The elevator dinged, the red and white doors opening for them. "Speaking of which, have you heard of Queen (Y/N) before? I don't think I'm familiar with her."

Anakin shrugged, walking out of the elevator to the Jedi hangar with Obi-Wan by his side. "Not really, no. "

"Hmm," was all Obi-Wan said, leading Anakin to a B-wing. "Alright, I suppose we'll find out about her when we get there."

"I guess so," Anakin replied, muttering as he sat in the pilot's seat.

"Oh no, you are not piloting this, if you're flying I'm flying separately," Obi-Wan remarked, crossing his arms disapprovingly.

Anakin laughed, buckling in, starting the engine. "Oh come on Obi-Wan! Lighten up! Admit it, you have fun when I fly," he sasses, closing the ramp to the ship, already making it too late for Obi-Wan to escape.

"Oh brother-wait a moment, are you mocking me?" He scoffs, referring to what he said earlier about Anakin lightening up.

"That's a possibility."

Obi-Wan groaned and sat in the co-pilot's seat. "I'm going to be dreading this mission more than you are."
••••••

"Thank you senator, but I'm afraid we're not going to be changing our minds," you told Senator Amita Fonti.

She looked you up and down, her eyes seemed to glare at you. Nevertheless, she bowed her head in respect. "Of course, your majesty. Although I'm sure Count Dooku won't be pleased in hearing these results."

You raised an eyebrow and fixed your posture, keeping your ground firm. "Well you can tell Count Dooku to either take my offer and leave me and my planet alone, or you can tell him to talk to me face to face if he feels so aggravated about my choice," you remark, now being the one to eye her.

"Your majesty!" A guard interrupts your meeting, standing at attention. You nod at him to let him be at ease. "Sorry to interrupt your meeting, but I have come to inform you of the Jedi who have arrived."

You bit your lip, puzzled. You had never arranged for the Jedi to come to your aid. "Pardon me, but I've never arranged for the Jedi to accompany me. This is probably a mistake," you affirmed, crossing your arms in disapproval.