Take 24

Christen Raines in mm
~~

"Can we get snacks?"

"Baby, it's a thirty minute drive, why do we need snacks?"

"Dog snacks, babe, but while we're at it, we might as well get snacks for us also."

"Whatever you want."

"Three words every girl loves to hear." She smiled and reached over to grab his hand. Namjoon kissed the back of her hand and took off in the direction of a nearby pet store.

"What kind of snacks do you think she likes? What if she has allergies or something."

"If she had allergies, they would have put that information on the website."

"Yea, you're right. Let's get this one." She held up a pink bag that contained little chocolate chip cookies.

"I thought dogs couldn't eat chocolate."

"It's not chocolate, it's carob chips."

"This shit is fifty dollars, who the hell is buying that?"

"We are." she smiled and walked around him towards the checkout center.

"Sure, as long as you're paying."

"What happened to "whatever you want"? Huh what happened to that?"

"You're so lucky I love you."

Christen smiled up at him and hugged him. After they left the dog store, they headed to dollar tree to pick up snacks for themselves.

"Okay, now that we are finally on the road, let's talk about our birthday plans." Namjoon said as he held Christen's hand.

"What do you want to do?"

"I was thinking that we could have an "us" day."

"Everyday is an "us" day, babe."

"True, but this day is gonna last a week. We're gonna cut off our phones for that week and only deal with us two. No working either, we're gonna spend a week relaxing."

"I like that idea."

"Good, so give your boss a heads up and I'll plan everything."

"I understand, sir." She saluted him and they both laughed.

Christen was so excited when they finally arrived at the adoption center. She basically jumped out the car, when Namjoon parked.

"Hi, I'm Christen Raines and this is my boyfriend, Namjoon Kim, we're here to pick up the blue eyed pomsky." Christen told the man at the front desk. He was taken off guard by Christen's enthusiasm, but he let them in the back.

"Baby, calm down." Namjoon whispered in her ear.

"Here she is." The man opened a cage and pulled out the small dog.

Christen awed and grabbed her from his hands, "She's even more adorable in person."

The puppy licked Christen's face and she laughed.