Take 54

Nasir Joon Kim
~~

Seven months. It represents how old Nasir is and it also represents how many months Christen and Namjoon have been parents. It seems just like yesterday that they were bringing Nasir home from the hospital and now their little baby was on his way to start walking.

"He doesn't like the apples babe, give him peaches." Christen sighed as Namjoon tried to feed Nasir, but he kept spitting it out.

"Since when? He liked apples two days ago."

"Yea well yesterday, I fed him the apples and he threw up on me, so no more apples."

"Understood." Namjoon chuckled as he threw away the baby apple sauce and grabbed the peach flavored one. "Alright, now let's try this." He held the spoon up to Nasir's mouth and he gladly accepted it. Namjoon sighed in relief once he successfully finished feeding Nasir the whole thing. "Hey, how's Jimin and JB? I haven't talked to them in awhile."

"Me either babe, but I do talk to Jimin here and there when he calls to check up on Nasir. JB moved back to Korea, so him and Jimin are doing a long distance thing." Christen explained as she picked at her nails. She really needed a manicure.

"What? JB moved back and you didn't tell me?"

"It must have slipped my mind. Sorry." Christen chuckled as Namjoon shook his head acting like he was hurt. "Give him a call."

"Yea, I will."

Christen went to wash Nasir up after he finished eating. Namjoon found a couple of apartments that were in their budget and he felt were good enough for his family.

After all of them were dressed, Christen rocking a white hoodie with light blue jeans and her white slip on Vans. Namjoon wore a black shirt with a leather jacket, a dad cap, dark blue jeans, and black boots. Nasir wore a white onesie that said everyone's favorite with a black sweatsuit and white socks.

Namjoon drove them to the first destination which was located in Durham and was three minutes away from Duke University. It was a complex apartment place named "Duke Manor". They were greeted by the realtor who led them into the apartment.

As soon as they walked in, they were in a furnished living room. Straight ahead was the kitchen and to their right, down the hall, was the first bedroom and across from the bedroom was the bathroom. Next to the guest room was the master bedroom. It was a nice small apartment, but it was kind of tight, it wasn't horrible though.

The second location was in Chapel Hill, NC and Christen hated it. The walls were blue, all different shades, and it looked dingy. They didn't stay long because Christen wanted to throw up at the sight.

The last and final location was beautiful. It was twenty minutes away from their current apartment and it was five minutes away from Christen's school. This apartment had three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and the rent was eight hundred dollars a month which was below their budget. The neighborhood was beautiful and it was like an apartment sent from above. It was definitely at the top of their list.

"So, which one did you like the most?" Namjoon asked as they cooked dinner.

"The last one. It was perfect and not only do we have enough room for us four, but their is also an extra bedroom for when our family comes to visit."

"Yea, but there's a problem with that one."

"What? I didn't find anything wrong with it."

"The landlord doesn't want any pets in the apartment. We may could talk to him and convince him that Left Eye is a good dog and doesn't do much, but what if he doesn't go for it?"

"Well then we won't be living there." She rolled her eyes in frustration. The apartment was literally perfect, but Namjoon didn't bother to tell her that pets weren't allowed. "The first one wasn't so bad. It was tight, but we could work it. They also have a pool, a gym, and a playground in the complex, so that's not too bad."

"Not to mention a tennis court and I know for a fact that they allow animals. I saw some people walking their dogs."

"But it has carpet everywhere except for the kitchen and bathroom. It's probably gonna cost a lot to get that cleaned." She sighed and pouted slightly.

"Babe, it's fine. The rent for the apartment is still below our budget and we have lots saved up, so we can do it." He kissed her forehead and she nodded her head. "Shall I call the landlord tomorrow."

She thought about it again for a second before mumbling a yes, trying to smile as Namjoon pulled her in for a tight hug.

~~

"No, no, no, no! You can't eat that Nas." She took away the piece of paper that Nasir had in his hand. He was about to put it in his mouth, but Christen caught him just in time. "Play with your toys, you can put these in your mouth, okay." She left him on the floor surrounded by his toys and went back on the couch where she was typing a paper. She was trying to finish before Christmas break which was in a couple of weeks, but she only had three hundred words out of two thousand.

Nasir's cries filled her ears and she sighed and closed her laptop, knowing she wasn't gonna get anything finished until Namjoon came home from work. She picked him up and shushed him, trying to calm him down. He was just a little upset because he couldn't hold both of his toys in one hand.

His cries finally stopped after awhile and Christen sat him back down on the floor, so he could play, but he crawled after her crying. Christen laughed and watched as he followed her all the way to the kitchen.

"Okay, okay. I'm done teasing you." She picked him up and wiped his tears, kissing his face. "I'm sorry bubba. You want to eat some pineapples with mommy? Mhm?" She grabbed the chopped pineapples out of the fridge and got excited about eating.

Christen sat on the couch with Nasir next to her and turned the tv on to Netflix. She put on Supernatural before opening the container and started eating. She picked one up and put it to Nasir's lips, he instantly begin to suck on it. The juice dropped down Christen's hand and she tried to pull away, but Nasir grabbed her hand to keep her still. She laughed at her son's antics and sat back to relax. She was so glad she was doing this instead of typing her paper.