Entry 5

FUCK

I'M TOO STRESSED TO EVEN SAY HI TO YOU RIGHT NOW, KENT.

CALUM READ MY DIARY

HE KNOWS

HE KNOWS I'M GAY AND THAT I'M IN LOVE WITH ASHTON

HE KNOWS THAT I SECRETLY WISH THAT ASHTON WOULD BANG ME AS HARD AS HIS DRUMS

HE KNOWS IT ALL

LEMME TELL YOU HOW IT WENT DOWN-

vvvvvvv

"Michael, can I talk to you for a moment?" Calum asked.

I put down my guitar and followed him into one of the other rooms.

Maybe he found out that I ate the last of his cereal. Or that it was me who hid his guitar case behind the shower curtain. That was a funny prank, actually. He's probably not mad about that; he loved it himself.

He shut the door behind me and sat on the bed. I sat next to him and waited for him to talk.

"Don't hate me," he started.

"That's not in the slightest worrying, Cal,"

"I did something,"

Maybe he ate the last of my cereal? Or he hid my guitar case behind the shower curtain.

"I read your diary,"

"You what‽"

He read my diary? That's a massive invasion of my privacy. I should be able to trust him not to snoop through my stuff. He's my best friend. Best friend's don't snoop through their best friend's stuff. I can't believe he would do this-

Oh.

Oh no.

He knows I'm gay, and head-over-heels in love with Ashton.

"I'm sorry, Michael, I really am-" he apologised.

"Why? Did it not occur to you that that's a really shitty thing to do?"

"It did, and I put it down the moment I realised it was a diary. I thought it was a song-book. I thought there were songs in there that you had written and I wanted to see them. I'm so sorry,"

"W-what did you read?"

"Just a couple lines of the first page,"

"Which were?"

"Y-you said you were gay, a-and in love with Ashton,"

He knows. It's out. I'm out.

"I'm really sorry, okay, I read that it was a diary and I went to put it down but then my eyes darted down a couple lines a-and, yeah," he mumbled.

"Did you tell anyone?"

"No, of course not. Mikey, I wouldn't do that,"

"You read my diary," I muttered.

I stood up and moved my fringe to the side, before I went to leave the room. Just before I could, Calum grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"That was an accident. Mikey, I won't tell anyone. I won't mention it to you. I'll cast it to the back of brain and forget about it. Please don't hate me,"

"Calum, I- I don't hate you. I don't. You're my best friend,"

"So you forgive me?"

"You'll forget about this whole thing?"

"Yes!"

"Then I forgive you,"

He smiled widely and hugged me tightly. I returned the hug, but I couldn't mirror his smile. I was frowning, worrying that he'll make a mistake and let it slip. I guess I'll just have to trust him and his word.

vvvvvvv

SO I'M GONNA GO AND EAT ALOT OF FOOD AND DELETE MYSELF.

IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU.

TAKE CARE, KENT (and Calum, apparently)

P.S I love you Ashton