Entry 42

Morning, Kent.

So that one really great fan noticed that I liked her anti-Maila post (that's our ship name rip) and word spread.

People are really starting to believe that I might not be straight after all.

But because of that, Steve texted me.

You see, he's currently in Barcelona with his family and I'm in Australia with my boyfriend, Ashton, so that makes it a bit difficult for us to meet.

So he suggested we Skype instead.

Which is good, because it's less intimidating and if I don't want to talk anymore, I can pretend the connective is faulty. Genius.

He said to call me at 8:00pm, which is like 11am for him or something idk, and once 8:00 rolled around, I sat myself in front of my laptop with some pizza and prepared myself for the meeting.

Oh, except I decided to call him at 8:03 instead because I'm like that.

 vvvvvvv 

The clock turned to 8:03. I decided that now is about the right time to call, so I hesitantly hovered my mouse over the green "call button" and clicked it.

I heard the familiar Skype call sound, before it was sadly cut out by Cocksucker Steve picking up.

"Hello, Michael," he greeted.

"Hi," I smiled insincerely, "how's Spain?"

"It's good, Michael, thank you for asking. I wish this call was on better terms," he sighed.

"No you don't," I muttered.

"Did you say something?"

"Huh? Oh, no. So what is it?"

"Well I'm sure you're aware of this situation yourself, but some fans noticed that you liked a post on twitter that explained why they think you and Laila aren't in a real relationship. It caused quite an uproar, Michael,"

"Yeah, I accidentally liked it. Sorry,"

"Why didn't you unlike it?"

"If I unliked it, that would make it a bit more suspicious, don't you think?"

"Anyway, Michael, this whole thing is becoming  a bigger deal than you and Laila confirming the relationship. I think we're gonna have to organise an interview for you to be able to talk about Laila and explain that tweet,"

"Seriously, Steve? Enough with the interviews! I'm sick of them!"

"Michael-"

"No! I don't even understand the big deal! So what if I'm gay?"

"What?"

I stared at the screen in shock. I actually just told my manager that I'm gay. That's it, they're gonna ship me off to Brazil and make me shave my hair and get a new identity. I can't handle that.

"Fuck,"

"Michael, did I hear you correctly just then?"

"Dunno, what did you think I said?"

"That you're gay?"

"No! No, I-I said... straight,"

"Michael,"

"Okay, okay, fine. You heard right,"

"So this entire time? The article was true?"

"No, I don't- I don't know where that came from,"

"God, Michael, this is gonna be so much more difficult to hide,"

"Why do we even have to hide it?"

"Michael, you are not coming out,"

"I'm not suggesting that I come out, but I'm just suggesting that we stop the stunting and just not address any relationships or whatever. Just focus on the music,"

"You know that's not an option, Michael,"

"It can't be that hard to avoid relationship questions or anything,"

"Look, I'm the manager. You're the artist. Whatever I suggest we do, happens. I've been in this industry a lot fucking longer than you have, Michael, and I know what I'm doing. I don't care what you say. We're doing this my way,"

"Steve, can't you just make some compromises for me? I hate this,"

"You're not special, Michael, you don't get special treatment. This is what happens to gay artists. I'll be having a meeting with you and Laila once I get back from Barcelona,"

"But, Steve-"

"Goodbye, Michael,"

He hung up the call. The room was eerily silent for a few seconds, before I heard the sound of my door opening and a set of steps entering.

I didn't turn around to see who it was. The steps stopped right beside me, and I felt a hand drop onto my shoulder comfortingly.

"I take it the call didn't go too well,"

Calum.

I lent backwards so that my head was resting in his chest. I closed my eyes and breathed in.

"Could've gone better," I sighed, "were you listening in?"

"Kinda, I mean I was walking past and I heard you raise your voice a bit so I listened in,"

"That's okay, Calum,"

The room was silent for a bit, until I stood up and walked towards the door.

"I need alcohol," I stated.

"No, you don't, you need your good friend Calum,"  he said, running ahead and closing the door.

"But I want to get drunk and have sex with a hot guy," I whined.

"How about, you have sex with a hot guy while sober?"

"Depends on who the hot guy is,"

"I'm the hot guy,"

"Deal,"

vvvvvvv 

SO THAT KINDA SUCKS

I think I'm gonna have to take this bearding thing sososo much more seriously now that Steve knows I'm actually into guys.

*gay sigh*

Sidenote, I don't know if I mentioned it or not but Calum said he isn't into me anymore, which is cool. Because now when he fucks me in the ass I don't feel bad about possibly leading him on anymore.

I asked if he's into anyone else and he says he isn't. I think him and Luke would make a cute couple. Shame that Luke's straight.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed now.

Goodnight, Kent.

P.S I love you Ashton.