Horror Story. (pt3)

"Goodnight," Jessica said while walking away from Susan, something inside of her was afraid. Afraid that this would be the last time but she kept that thought away. Now was the time that she had to think positive, it didn't go bad. More than ever she wanted for the next hours to pass until the next day that she'll meet her again. She lighted up a cigarette and sat in the dark, waiting...

Susan wasn't expecting for Sarah to call her. She thought that Jessica convinced her to do it but Sarah made it clear that Jessica had nothing to do with it. They talked for at least an hour and the younger woman made her promise that Jessica would never find out about their conversation. What they said was only between them, no one else.

When Susan got up the next morning she stayed in bed thinking. The truth was that she already forgave Jessica but she didn't want to forget about the whole thing so fast. She took a sitting position on the bed and ate her pills when she heard a strange noise coming from her leaving room. Only Jack and Jessica had the keys to her apartment in case of emergency. She stood up and opened the door. It was Jessica. The younger woman prepared breakfast and she was sitting on the couch waiting for her lover to wake up.

"What are you doing?"

"I made breakfast"

"I'm not hungry," Susan said and walked to Penny's side, picking her up from the floor.

"You have to eat something, honey."

"What are you doing?"

"I told you"

"No, I mean what exactly are you doing?"

"I'm fighting for us"

"Well, it's not completely up to you," with that Susan went to the table and sat down to eat. Jessica followed her.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you're free to do whatever the hell you want but if I don't want to be with you, there's not much you can do."

"And do you want or not?"

"I don't know yet. "

"Then I'm just gonna do what I'm doing. Coffee?"

Susan gave her a look and raised her cup.

"And what are you planning to do after?"

"I don't know... maybe we could watch something. Spend the day together."

"Mhmm... I can't" Susan said while sipping some coffee

"Why?"

"I've got to go to work, " she said and stood up. "I'm gonna take a shower. Don't wait up."

Jessica turned to look at her as she was walking inside the bathroom. She sighed, took her things and left the apartment. When Susan was out she was devastated to see that she had left, she was harsh and she knew it but for her, it was exactly what Jessica needed.

Susan returned back home, hoping to find her lover inside but nothing. All she found was her two dogs, waiting for her to feed them. She dropped her bag on the floor and went straight to do what she was always doing. Feed the dogs, take a shower and cook something for her. She wasn't gonna let the whole thing bring her down and of course, she wasn't about to make the first move. Like Clayton said, it was time for Jessica to prove how much she loves her and that's exactly what Jessica did.

Around 9 Jessica arrived at Susan's house but this time she knocked and Susan was sure that it was her, she knew even the way she was knocking the door. She opened and let her in.