Susan's Birthday

"Happy Birthday, mom!"

"Miles, baby, it's 2:00"

"Happy Birthday, mom!" Jack shouted from the distance

"Thank you so much, I love you"

"We love you too, okay, that's why I called, we'll see each other tomorrow"

"Where are you?"

"At my place, and we're fine, sleep now"

Susan chuckled "Alright, thank you"

"Sleep tight"

"Bye"

Susan laughed and placed her phone back on the nightstand, she turned to look at Jessica who was sleeping peacefully next to her, nothing would wake that woman up. She shook her head smiling and fell back to bed...

Jessica woke up with the first sun ray that broke into the bedroom, she looked at her lover, not wanting for that moment to end, she could look at her for hours... for days. She reached for Susan's soft, red locks and stroked her softly, leaning closer to her, Jessica started placing firm but yet, soft kisses all over Susan's cheekbones and neck, as a result, Susan woke up from her sleep and smiled.

The younger woman whispered in her ear "Happy Birthday, honey"

"Mmm... thanks"

"Sorry I woke you"

"You should be sorry for not waking me up sooner"

"Do you really want to go to work today?"

"I don't but I've got to. All I want is to stay here with you"

"Me too"

"After work, we'll go out with the kids and Clayton, are you coming?"

"Well... I don't know, Sue. You know I don't really enjoy being around people and you should spend the day with your family."

"But I want you with me"

"What if I'll see you after that?"

"You're sure?"

"I'm sure"

"Alright... I've got to take a shower" Susan said and took a sitting position on the bed, Jessica too, she hugged her tight from behind, Susan smiled and kissed her. "I'm gonna be late"

"Not if we take a shower together"

"Well..." Susan started laughing "Happy fucking birthday to me," she said and turned around to kiss her one more time before walking into the bathroom with her lover.

Jessica and Susan walked out wrapped around with their towels, Jessica fell on the bed, while watching Susan who started getting dressed

"Could you feed the dogs after I'm gone"

"Of course"

Susan looked at her "God... I really don't want to go anywhere"

"Come on, Sue... we'll see each other after"

"You're making it so hard for me to just leave you here"

"Why?"

"Well, look your self in the mirror"

Jessica laughed while throwing her head back. The older woman smiled and put on her t-shirt, noticing a hickey on the back of her neck "Jesus, Jess"

"What?"

"Look," she said and showed her the hickey

"Well, it's one of my gifts"