Sarange Rising(pt1)

This chapter doesn't follow the story. About this chapter: Jessica and Susan are friends and this happened right before Susan's birthday.

----------------

Susan is sitting on the couch, in her New York apartment. The sun is shining so bright, making it almost impossible for her dogs to stay quiet. It's about time for their morning walk but Susan is glued on her phone. Posting, retweeting, liking, replying. A mess but she's more than happy to do it. *Susan?* a message from Jessica appeared on her screen. Her lips parted in a beautiful smile.

After Feud, Jessica and Susan stayed in touch. Jessica was proud to call her, her best friend and so did Susan, they would meet up for coffee, dinner or even movie nights at Susan's place. Jessica found someone to whom she could rely on. Especially after Sam's death, Susan was there for her 24/24 and that was something that made the younger woman grateful for meeting her.

*Jessica?* she replied the moment she got the text.

*How are you?*

*I'm good, you?*

*I'm fine, I just came back from L.A. you wanna come over for coffee?*

*I'll be there in 10'* Susan texted her back and looked at her dogs "Wanna go for a walk?" she said to them and stood up to get ready.

Jessica greeted her friend with a huge smile, "I see you brought company" she immediately hugged her and so did Susan. "They wanted to say hi"

"I missed you"

"Tell me how was L.A.?"

"Oh, I could talk about how awful that town is for days"

Jessica let the other woman in and closed the door. Two cups filled with coffee were on the table, Susan took a seat across Jessica "When did you arrive?"

"Yesterday, Hannah picked me up"

"Oh, that's nice... are you going to Minessotta?"

"I am, just for a week tho, you are welcome any time"

"Thanks... I could use a week off. Far from everyone and everything"

"Also... wait here," Jessica said and stood up, Susan looked at her confused but yet smiling, she knew exactly what Jessica was going to bring. Her friend came back holding a bag, she hanged it to Susan. "I can't wait till your birthday"

"My God... Jess, you shouldn't!"

"Open it"

"What is it?"

"Open it!"

Susan widened her eyes "Alright, alright"

Susan unwrapped the gift, revealing a book, she looked at it "Jonathan Livingstone, seagull." She looked at Jessica "You were talking about this one when we were shooting Feud."

"Because you told me you always felt different comparing to others..."

Susan opened it and read what Jessica wrote to her " 'His sorrow was not solitude, it was that other gulls refused to believe the glory of flight that awaited them; they refused to open their eyes and see. Happy Birthday. Jessica Lange"

"You're gonna love it"

"I already do, thank you so much," she said and stood up to hug her. "Thank you"

"I'm so glad you do..."

"I'm really... I don't know what to say..."

"Don't say anything, just read it"