Ten hours

Anthony's POV

"You scared me to death Y'vania."
"Why? Where am I?"
"On my bed." I say jokingly.
"Enough with the cheesiness Anthony."
"As you wish ma lady..okay you're in a hospital. Glad now?"
She nods sitting upright and gives me a light kiss on my lips.

In case you're wondering Y'vania and I are a couple now. Unbelievable ain't it?

She stares around for some time her expression turning to sadness.

"I don't know where this is going to."  She says quietly staring at the IV tube.
"I can't believe am living with this for the rest of my life."
"Don't give up Brownie kid we're doing our  best." She smiles and stares around her for a while.
"For how long was I out. I feel so..like am floating on something."
"About ten hours. That's normal its the effect of the anaesthesia knocking in and oh should I call your sister she's been waiting for you."
"Oh its alright um..who brought me here?"
"Jake,Matthew,Lilly and some other girl I didn't recognise."
"That's Essie Jake's girlfriend." She says quietly as if talking to herself.
"Oh that's cool let me call Mia." She nods and goes back to lying on the bed.
I feel relieved I don't know if it's the fact that Jake has a girlfriend and there's nothing more than friendship between him and Y'vania or the fact that Y'vania survived the first phase of the treatment; The bone marrow transplant despite her condition being one of the rare ones where survival chances are minimal.

As soon as her sister sees me she stands up and comes towards me the worried look still on her face.
"She's okay the transplant went successful she's awake you can see her but she's still on the effect of the morphine just five minutes and let her rest. I hope you reached your mummy's phone."
"Yes she's on her way thank you so much doctor."

         Y'vania's POV

Everything seems to be floating around the room. I try stretching my arm to reach the lady standing by my side but whatever drug is in IV its really strong.
Ten hours.
It seemed like a whole year.
What I remember is me being around Jake and I think it was Lilly then I saw darkness, a sharp pain hit my tummy then I couldn't breathe its like someone was taking me away then I felt a prick of injections like..like..I was experiencing some kind of déjà vu.
Injections.
Where does this come from?

I was injected and I fell into a deep sleep when I came around a male doctor was staring at me. He was middle aged probably in his late forties he said I was out for ten hours then suddenly the room went dark and the devil came in smiling at me. I asked her what they'd done to my daddy but she laughed instead and shook her head faking pity
"He's gone little Faith he's gone but you can't tell this to anyone or else you're going to die as well oh you won't even remember anyway because am going to give you this."
She took out a small bottle of clear liquid and that's when I realised she was going to inject me again.

"Y'vania how are you feeling?"
"I don't know. I don't remember she injected me I don't know why the doctor couldn't stop him." I say getting up trying to sit upright but a sharp pain in my back brings me back to lying on the bed then suddenly I can't find my breath as memories of the nightmare come flooding back.
My breath comes in short gasps as I try opening my eyes.

"No one injected you Y'vania you're okay it was only a dream you're here with me. Calm down. Take deep breaths."

Deep breaths? I don't even know how to breath anymore. I try getting up again as beads of sweat break down on my forehead I grab for anything that can keep me still.

"Ten hours a dream that lasted for ten hours."
"No. Y'vania look at me its never going to happen again you're here with us mummy is on her way here. Everything is going to be fine."