Lilly

Jake's POV

I stand at the door unsure of the next move.
"Just knock and get in she won't bite." Nisha says going to her room.
"What if she doesn't want to see me?"
"Just call her the sweet names you like calling her she'll open." Tanisha says then winks and gets into her room.

By the way that's a nice idea.

I take a deep breath and knock twice.
"I don't want to talk to anyone!" Her voice comes through the loud music she's blasting that despite the door being shut one can still hear it from outside.

"Little princess its me I need to talk to you."
"Jake I don't want to see you let alone talk to you."

Wow. Jake. Not Cutie pie anymore.

"Little princess please just open for me I need to see you I miss you."
"Jake. I am not your little princess. I'm old enough to take care of myself. Just go away."
"Am not moving an inch until you open the door for me."
"Not going to happen nice job being a security man at my door.
" Seriously? Princess that's what you're going to do?"
"Yes now move or act like a nice and quiet bodyguard."
"Cute princess please just please I need you please." She doesn't reply but I can feel her smiling from inside.
"Given up? Here the keys open up." Tanisha whispers handing me the keys.
"You serious Nisha is this going to work?"
"It sure will and also save the time for the couple waiting outside."
"You mean Lilly and Matt? They followed me?"
"Just go ahead and open the door."
"Wow Nisha you started acting like Y'vania." She chuckles and walks back to her room. I look at the bunch of keys in my hands.

Shit. She didn't show me the exact key. Now I have to try all of them.

The first and the second don't work. When the third one opens I get in surprised that she didn't stand up to hit me. She's got headphones and is busy typing something on her laptop. She didn't notice my presence.
My concentration goes to what she's typing.

What?

"You're Y.F.S Brown?"
Smiling she types something then takes off the headphones and turns around her jaw almost touching the ground. Her eyes go wide with surprise. She shuts the laptop and asks
"How did you get in here?"
"Through the door silly."
"I know that. Stop acting dumb and tell me how.you.opened. that.freaking.door!" She shouts standing up evident anger showing on her face.
"Whoa whoa whoa Y'vania don't try to kill me just call down and talk to me." I defend myself as I get closer and hold her hands which am afraid might come flying at me any time from now.
"I have nothing to tell you. NOTHING. I can't do this just get your hands off me and walk out."
She's angry but I can see the sadness in her eyes. I slowly let go off her hands as she's lifting her leg and I definitely know where that'd go.

Straight to where the sun doesn't shine and nobody wants blue balls for a weekend.

"We have so many issues to resolve but first tell me for how long were you going to hide it from me?"
"Hide what?"
"The fact that you are Y.F.S Brown."
"Psss am not Y.F.S Brown. What makes you think so?" She asks rolling her eyes.
"Come on little princess I just saw it."
"Stop calling me that and wait for how long had you been in my room when I saw you?"
"Long enough to see you texting your producer about publishing Rainbows. That book has gone viral since it got completed and everyone on fanwritting keeps on talking about it."
"I really don't know what you're talking about and what's fanwritting?"
"Princess don't play clueless I know its you. You're the one. I saw it. Am so stupid I didn't even realise how you keep your laptop to yourself. You've been hiding your identity for years- wait Y.F.S Brown what does that even mean?"
"Ever heard of the eleventh commandment thou shall mind thy own business? Hope you haven't now go get that mouth shut or you'll get it rough with my producer."
"Y'vania I just came to talk to you about whatever Lilly said we're very sorry she didn't mean to offend you."
"Well she didn't offend me. She spoke her heart out and guess what? She never lied all she said was true. It stings but hey pain needs to be felt right? So I guess we'll meet someday somewhere I don't know."
"What did she tell you?"
"I should be the one asking you but surprise I don't care to know as long as it got all of you acting like you don't even know who I am."
"Am really sorry Y'vania I didn't mean it to happen I should've talked to Lilly before all this happened." She raises her hand signaling me to stop then clears her throat.
"I have a lot going on right now just don't add anything to it."
"I know that's why am here for you." I whisper getting closer and taking her in my arms. She hesitates for a moment then gives in laying her head on my chest and wrapping her arms behind my back. We stay silent for some minutes.
"I won't cry. I won't because am a big and stronger princess. I won't give up. I have to see how this one ends."
"My cute princess am sorry about everything you know we all need each other but sometimes anger gets the better of us and we fail to control our emotions. Lilly didn't mean whatever she said she was just angry you girls have been friends for so long its like you grew up together long before she met Matthew ,you were her first priority the two of you were my best friends my very first. The first day I saw you Y'vania you remember? I called you cute little princess up to date you're always my cute little princess. We were in kindergarten and the three of us shared snacks and played together. When Matthew came in in third grade our bond strengthened. You remember the day Matt and I hit that boy for calling you a toothless rat that your teeth would never grow up? You cried so much that day you refused to eat your lunch fearing that people would laugh at you?" I felt her shake and when I stared down at her her eyes were closed and soft laughter was coming out.
"You remember that? That boy was horrible he frightened me for nothing." She says amid laughter.
"Yes I do remember it especially how Matt tricked him with that half eaten ice cream then got hold of him." Her laughter comes through this time louder as softer.