Makeouts and reunions pt1

Y'vania's POV

There was once a girl with a broken smile and a broken heart. She always wanted to be happy and she dreamt of having a good life. She had an imaginary life which was so different from the one she really had. It was way funnier, thrilling and always had happy moments.

Whenever things would go wrong she would tune into her world and pretend like nothing bad happened. That's how she survived the most depressing days.

Some days were good and others were bad. Some made her realize that with age, her wild imagination was fading. Sometimes it was there to back her up but most of the times it left her with nothing to think about but just blank pages. She resorted to forcing it down on paper but whenever she held the pen nothing came up. So she stayed still staring into nothing but the emptiness of her world counting as the days went by for the day when everything was going to end.

Five months later..

"What are you still doing here? You should be dressed up!"

Nisha shouts barging into my room and thoughts.

Have you ever had this feeling where you know someone says stuff to hurt you and you feel like squeezing last night lasagna out of their stomachs? You really want to speak something in return to their scalding words but instead you shut up and let them get away with their words not because you are mature but just because you are tired of fighting and talking? Yes that's it. It burns like nothing. Feels like you're encountering period cramps in human version.

Trust me it's always ugly.

"I asked what are you doing.."

"Sitting, I'll be done in a couple of minutes." I cut her nineteen to a dozen speech off without even staring at her.

Five months ago, I thought everything was fine. Once I talked to mummy about this drama of a life she held me close and calmed me down ensuring me that everything was going to work out.

I believed, only to take back my decision when I stepped foot at my home. It felt so different. The home I grew up in the crowded and noisy streets now seemed deserted and quiet. It's like people shunned out on me and hushed their voices whenever I came into view. The flower garden in front of my home was full of dry leaves scattered everywhere just like how problems are to my heart.

Ringing the doorbell I wore on my megawatt smile ready to be tackled to the ground by my sisters and mummy squeezing me in one of her hugs. The streets weren't pleasing but at least I knew that the moment the door flies open everything will be pleasing.

I was right. Not about the pleasing part but the door flying open part. It really flew open and my smile flew away when my younger sister just stood there staring at me with a single brow raised. I knew she was joking. Come on it's a prank isn't it? A welcome home prank.

Yes it's a welcome home reality not a prank. After some seconds of the staring I finally closed my mouth and stepped in to hug her. She stood there not even patting my back if she couldn't afford hugging me back. No. Just stood there untill all I could feel was moisture on her shoulder I thought she was hyperventilating but no. It was me crying. I quickly let go off her muttering a ' sorry ' and picked up my suitcase which had sauntered down the front door steps.

Mummy was of no different. She muttered a silent hey and returned her gaze to the program she was watching. Mia was the only one who warmed up to me.

Today is the main reason I came down here. I know I should be happy my sister is getting married I really am. The thing is my brain is still downloading that happy vibe but the internet seems to be slow in here because ever since I got up from bed all I've done is sit in my closet eyeing the purple lacy dress that I'm supposed to be wearing trying to see if it will make me smile but no. It makes me think of so many things one of them being why is Nisha so engrossed in the time I take to dress up today. For all I know she's never stepped into this room since the day I came home and it's been a week.