Home bitter home

Anthony's POV

Finally. Am back home or should I say back to pretending to be so committed to someone I don't love.

I drag myself upstairs as the butler carries my stuff behind me. The moment I open the door I'm met by a surprised Kara purse and car keys in her hand and she's putting on her flats.

"Where are you going to?" I ask as I signal the butler to leave.

"I didn't know you're coming back today. Why didn't you tell me?" She asks pulling me into a hug. I stare at her made up face. She's pretty but not the way I like. Her lips are coloured in a scarlet red lipstick and her blonde hair is held up in a loose bun. She raises her eyebrow and asks

"Why didn't you tell me you're coming?"

"Last time I checked this is my home no one tells me what to do and get your hands off me Kara!"

"Seriously? Is this what you're going to say to the mother of your baby? I don't know what Los Angeles did to you or that slut you followed there."

"Kara shut the hell up! I went to LA for business only and that girl you're calling a slut is your cousin never forget that."

"Okay I didn't mean to annoy you you could've said it slowly. I don't know why you like shouting at me as if this is my fault." She says her voice breaking at the end. A wave of pity hits me and I sit on the bed and hold her close realising that whatever I try to do won't change a thing and am stuck with her whether I like it or not. The mistake is already past solving phase. She's only a couple of weeks to delivery and

behold

am going to be a daddy.

I lift her face up and mutter an apology not forgetting to ask about the baby of course that's why we're here in the first place.

Her face lights up and she quickly wipes the tears and lean in for a kiss which I take time to respond to.

"I missed you honey." She says softly playing with the hem of my T-shirt. I hold her hands knowing exactly where this is going to.
Kara has her own way of distracting me but I will never let her win. Whatever happened already did and am never going to repeat the same mistake.

"Kara I'm tired I need to rest."
"Resting? No the baby will soon be here and we haven't bought a single thing for her."

Oh please.

"Just go ahead I'll take my rest. You were going out when I came in. You can shop on your way there." She tries tempting me with her large doe eyes but gives up after a moment of trying she picks up her purse and gets out.

At least I can now think about Daniel's words and..

No I don't have time to think because my door gets knocked. Oh yes ever since Kara moved in here,everyone knocks on my door instead of just barging in.

"Come in." I say with a tired sigh sitting up on my bed. Connor comes in with a grin.

Maybe he can tell me what dad did to Y'vania.

Uugh Y'vania. Why do I keep on thinking about her even when am stuck with someone else.
Why do I still care about her?

"How was the trip buddy?" Connor asks sitting on the couch.

"I saw Y'vania." I mutter realising that I shouldn't have said that. He stares at me disbelievingly.

"I know I shouldn't be talking about this.."
"Just talk am okay I mean she's gone out I mean Kara. I saw her getting into a car." I nod and go on.

"Connor there's something so different about her. The moment our eyes met I felt so happy as if I had everything in this world but she..she hates me. I know things are not going to be the same but I think I need to apologise for all this."

"I know you feel guilty about all this. People do mistakes I know she's going to understand. Does she know about Kara and the baby?"
"I have no idea but I guess no I mean she would've asked me. I know how that jealous side of her works. Um Connor did you realise anything weird when you were treating Y'vania?"

He shakes his head slowly and furrows his eyebrows.
"Why? What happened?"
"Nothing its just that..um looks like some Captopil drug affected her."

"That's unusual I don't remember administering such a drug to her because doctor Meyers suggested that the patient shouldn't be introduced to any form of enzyme inhibitors during the second and third phase of treatment because she was still in a coma."

So its daddy's little secret. Am soon going to find out.

"What happened what did she tell you?" He asks lying on the couch.
"She didn't tell me anything. Its Daniel he said that something bad happened to Y'vania when she was undergoing treatment and I realise she's been visiting the Hamptons clinic for about four months now and its not because of her condition. Looks like something else came up."

"Then you really have to talk to her. Tell her everything just make peace with her."

"Then come back to my stubborn wife." I say with a chuckle.

"Yep. You definitely come back to your bundle of joy." He says sarcastically and both of us start laughing. Its obvious both my siblings and I hate Kara's attitude but am just holding on,waiting for the day when I'll confirm my doubts.

Since the day she came up with this baby story I doubted it because of what she told me.

According to her,the baby came up after the party at Nick's house when I got drunk and woke up in one of the guest bedrooms next to a half naked Kara who claimed we slept together. I couldn't remember everything that happened. Nick says it was him and Logan who carried me upstairs and I was too drunk to do anything whereas Kara's side of the story states that I was not that drunk and I pleaded with her not to leave me alone and we ended up sleeping together.

I don't know who I should trust but I guess I have to wait until the baby is born then I will secretly conduct a paternity test myself.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up seeing a text from Y'vania. A text that shocks me. It says:

Let's meet up at 4:30 tomorrow at the park. Its urgent.

The first thought that crosses my mind is. She found out about Kara and I. My heart sinks to the floor together with the hopes that I had about the two of us ending up together.