Blast from the past pt1

Y'vania's POV

Its a sunny afternoon on a Sunday and I'm seated at the park reading a novel. I look up from my book taking in a deep breath  and smiling finally relieved that everything is going back to normal not that normal now that my family has to work hard in order to pay back the people who lent us money. I have to look for a better paying job or do two jobs at a time. I don't know but am not thinking about that now. That's for later.
What's bringing up my smile is that I'm going to get treated and something else I can't believe.
Daniel solved this.
I've been trying to reach my friends for the millionth time in eight months. The only person who picked up the phone was Essie and she complained that I shouldn't talk much because she was sleepy and nursing a hangover. She ended the call when I asked for Jake.
College life must be exhilarating. All I said was WOW.
After getting the biggest disappointment from my close friends I called Daniel but didn't have the guts to tell him about my money issues so I told him we should hangout instead.
He noticed my mood change and bugged me to tell him what was wrong with me.
Seeing that he's the only close friend I have and I didn't want to worry Javier about this I told him everything. Of course he knows about my illness and Anthony.
Then just like a miracle he told me to take him home he needed to pick something. After that he took me home and started cracking jokes with Nisha then talked to mum and Mia for about ten minutes, he then went home and when I stepped back into the house after seeing him off to his car mummy said we had enough money for treatment.
Seems like a scene in a movie or some part of a story but yeah it happened on Friday and yes I'm still surprised that Daniel raised all that money. I know he's rich and stuff but five hundred thousand dollars in just a minute?

That's another WOW.

The main thing is that of all people I didn't expect Daniel to be that generous but yeah that's life you don't judge a book by its cover.

I stare around  at the happy kids playing with no care. I remember when we were kids playing with my cousins being together as one big family. Everything was fine and full of fun but someone wasn't happy about all this she didn't want to see us happy just because of Mariah Walker.

Mariah Walker. What's in that name that the devil was so much obsessed in that missing it made her hate daddy and deny him the right to inherit his father's property and when he wanted the right thing done she forced some poisonous drink down her own son's throat and 'erasing' her grand daughter's memory.

What's so special about Mariah Walker?

Money you fool.
Self voice I think I want be alone don't talk to me.

Could it be money? Maybe it is I don't know.
Mariah Walker is Anthony's mum.
And talking about Anthony is that him staring around? How did he know I was here?

Uuugh! Nisha.

"Y'vania we need to talk."
"Good afternoon to you and I'm all ears..talk to me handsome." He notices the sarcasm in my tone and sits beside me putting his arm around my shoulders.
"I'm sorry I'm just so confused but hey I missed you gorgeous."
"I missed you too. Are you okay?" I ask closing my book and turning to stare at him.
"Are you an O'Connell?"

What?
Of course his mother told him you dummy.

"What is O'Connell?" I ask returning my book in the bag and taking out my phone.
"Why are you doing this you know what I mean." He pleads. I stare deep in his eyes and give in to the sincerity in them.
"Okay what's wrong with this O'Connell subject because truth is I hate it."
"Babe are you even serious its your family."
"I don't even know any of them I mean you don't miss what you never had right?"
He narrows his eyes getting lost for some seconds then takes out his phone and types away.
"When was the last time you saw them?" He asks returning the phone in his jacket.
"Who?"
"Your cousins,family in general."
"Are we seriously talking about this?" I ask starting to get irked.
"Yes we are talking about it because you chose to lie to me you told me you don't have relatives that your parents are only kids blah blah blah! All this time you kept everything from me. Everything! You're not who I thought you are!"