Chapter 21

Tweek's POV

Since the whole Valentine's day fiasco life has been pretty great. Craig surprisingly didn't say anything about his conversation with David. Which made my life a little bit easier. Just to be safe, I've started to hang outside a few days a week where the goth kids are known to be. Not to smoke, I normally end up finishing any extra school work. However, if Kyle is constantly texting me during that time my break is mostly spent on him. At first Butters was worried about me wanting to spend more time by myself. Now Butters doesn't mind the extra alone time he gets with Kenny. It's a win-win situation for the both of us.

A couple weeks ago I got to watch Kyle's state playoff basketball game. A few students from South Park were actually curious too see which teams were the best in all of the state of Colorado. I seemed to be the only one (besides David) who knew Kyle would be there. My friends were beyond pissed that Kyle's team made it so far (of course). That quickly changed when in the end Kyle's team lost by fourteen points. Both teams played really well. Kyle told me that his team was used to playing teams that weren't that good. When they played the team from Boulder it was actual competition for them and let's just say Kyle's team was rusty. Sure Kyle was disappointed that his team lost but it had been a long season and he was sort of happy the season was finally over. Now he could put all of his focus on baseball, which he found to be somewhat of a break compared to basketball believe it or not. Kyle said and I quote; "nothing really happens until the ball gets hit." Sounds pretty boring to me. I'm sure I'll learn to love it, just like I did with basketball.

Now it's mid March and every school is having their first game or meet happening sometime this week. South Park had their baseball/fastpitch game Monday and both the girls and boys won. It just so happened to fall on St. Patrick's day. Lucky for us, our school colors are white and green which meant nobody had to worry about not having any green to wear at school or the game. Except the goth kids who take no part of all of our fun school celebrations. Too bad for them, they're missing out on some good times. With it being the first week of spring sports, my school had a little pep assembly to introduce all of the sport teams. All of the cheerleaders announced the athletes for track, baseball and fastpitch. During any of these pep assemblies each class from the seventh grade to the twelfth grade has several different competitions. Sometimes we have relay races but each assembly always ends with the spirit award. Every class competes for possession of the golden toilet seat. Whichever class is the loudest wins. The chant is; "we've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit, how about you?" I swear the staff favors the seniors though because they always end up winning.

Today we have another baseball/fastpitch game against Kyle's school. Today is his schools first game and they had to travel here to South Park. Our town was happy that the snow cleared up in time for spring. Sometimes we're stuck with that stuff until April. Right now Butters was driving to my families coffee shop to pick me up for the game. I rode the bus here after school to replenish my thirst for coffee. Our school concession stand stops selling coffee once the weather warms up. Right as I was about to text Butters I heard his chipper voice as he was entering the shop.

"Hey Tweek!" He walked quickly to meet me at the counter and raised an eyebrow once he noticed all of the coffee I was packing for the night. "Do you have plenty of coffee for the game?" He sarcastically said as he was pointing to my rather large thermos. He then noticed my parents behind me cleaning up around the shop and immediately acknowledged them. "Oh hi there Mrs. and Mr. Tweak." Butters is always respectful around anyone older than him, especially any parents at South Park. My mom automatically smiles bigger whenever she's around Butters. They sometimes 'ditch' me and attend a Zumba class together. Both of their personalities are more outgoing and they have no problem dancing around with a bunch of people in a small space.

"Butters!" My mom exclaimed running up, practically pushing me out of the way and squeezing Butters tightly. I don't know why she was acting so surprised to see him. I told her he was stopping by to pick me up. "Are you sure you want to go to that boring baseball game when we could swing by a Zumba class instead?" See what I mean? I could hear my dad chuckling right after he caught me rolling my eyes.

"Honey, stop trying to take away Tweek's time with his friend. You don't need Butters to have a fun time at your Zumba class." I could always rely on my dad to be the responsible one out of my parents. I always saw more of myself in him than my mom. My moms face turned sad quickly. Butters felt bad and wanted to give her more of an explanation.

"Gee Mrs. Tweak, I would love to go with you but last time I missed one of Kenny's games to go to a Zumba class he was pretty miffed. Gotta please my man. Do you know what I am saying?" My mom was nodding her head with a pouty face. She then turned her attention to me.

"Tweek, why the sudden interest in all of your schools games? You've never made a big effort before to attend them." I saw the wheels turning in my fathers head, he must be thinking the same thing she is. Obviously he can't think of a rational answer to my moms question. Both of my parents are now staring at me waiting for me to respond. My mind was drawing a blank. Butters must have picked up on my uncomfortable energy.

"Oh, that's easy Mrs. Tweak. You see, I don't have anybody to hang out with or talk to during Kenny's games so I drag Tweek along with me." Butters glances my way and quickly winks. Then turns back to my parents rubbing his knuckles together talking in a whisper. "I'm just lucky to have a best friend like Tweek. Someone to be there for me." That player! He really knew how to tug on my mom's heart strings. If I didn't see him winking I would have been in the same state my parents are in; awe. They didn't question me anymore and let us both go peacefully.

Before Butters started his car I turned to him with a small smile. "Thanks Butters.... You're the greatest friend anyone could ask for." Butters returned the smile but his was bigger.

"No biggie buddy. I know sports aren't your thing and I really am grateful that you tag along with me anyways." With that being said we ventured on through South Park with our next stop being our high school's official baseball field.

So I've only done one year of fastpitch and that was forever ago. I won't be as well with baseball terms as I was with basketball. Would you rather have the game in detail for the next chapter or I can just skip to spring break. Let me know which one tickles your fancy.