cinco
+

"finally!" taehyung exclaimed as the clock ticked it's last second of work hours. he was in high spirits at the idea of finishing the week and having the weekend to be free from any work and simply relax. grabbing his belongings, taehyung left his desk and began to walk away when a voice called to him.

"kim taehyung." seo joon appeared beside him with a cup of coffee in his hands.

"hyung." taehyung blinked.

"where do you think you're going?" seo joon asked, raising an eyebrow.

"going...home?" taehyung replied, hesitantly. "why?"

seo joon sighed. "did you forget? we have a team dinner."

taehyung's mouth formed an 'o' as realization hit him. "ah, it slipped my mind. my bad."

"well, be glad i caught you or you would've had to listen to chief's lectures about not fulfilling your duties as a team member for straight ten minutes."

"...right."

with no other choice, taehyung waited while his other coworkers began to come. when everyone was ready, they headed down the building and walked to the restaurant since it was a walking distance. when they arrived, they started to occupy the seats. taehyung took a seat on the table with seo joon in front of him.

the two were chatting when a hand landed on taehyung's shoulder. he looked up and found jennie taking a seat beside him.

"mind if i sit here?" jennie asked.

"well, you already are." taehyung smiled genuinely and jennie blushed a little.

"hello sunbaenim." jennie switched her gaze to seo joon who returned a greeting, smiling.

when the food came in, everyone immediately began feasting like a pack of wolves. taehyung didn't even ask but before he knew it, jennie had already took the initiative to grill and cut some meat for him, placing them on his plate.

"thanks, jen." taehyung slightly dipped his head low at jennie, then picked up the meat with his chopsticks and inserted it in his mouth. "this is good!"

"let me pour you some soju," seo joon offered, grabbing a bottle.

"no thanks, hyung." he denied. "i don't drink."

"oh come on, tae." seo joon insisted. "you never drink with us. just this once, please? besides, it's a weekend tomorrow. getting drunk tonight won't harm you."

taehyung thought his words were so convincing and promising that he decided to give him a chance, so he agreed. but oh boy, he was dead wrong.

-

a/n: this update is way past due, sorry. high school is driving me crazy, that's all.