四十

cuarenta

+

taking a deep breath, joy stepped out of her apartment and found taehyung standing in front of her with a bright smile on his face. 

"hey." taehyung straightened himself. he wore a simple white shirt tucked in his khaki pants, with his fashionable accessory addition of a wristwatch and sunglasses.

"hi."

"you look cute." taehyung said bluntly after scrutinizing her. and of course, joy couldn't stop the blood from rushing to her cheeks and she awkwardly muttered, "t-thanks.."

as someone who places great attention to her appearance, joy dressed up in an elegant square neck blouse with a black short skirt. her wavy hair was let down naturally and she carried a small baguette bag.

"let's go?" joy nodded and the two of them headed outside and into taehyung's car. getting herself situated in the passenger seat, she kept her eyes forward and sat awkwardly, her body stiff and her hands fidgety.

"where are we going anyways?" joy asked after a long moment of silence. 

taehyung quickly glanced at her while driving. "that's a secret."

"why?"

"to make it exciting?" taehyung chuckled. "it'll be somewhere fun."

"...fine." joy sighed, giving up. she'll have to find out later when they get there.

it took them about half an hour to get to their destination. joy slowly realized where they were as they got closer and she recognized the place.

"an amusement park?" joy questioned, incredulous as they stood outside the entrance.

taehyung chuckled awkwardly, "yeah." he said, rubbing the back of his head. "i know, it's typical. but it's still fun, isn't it? do you like rides?"

"well, they're alright." joy replied, shrugging.

"then you'll enjoy," taehyung reassured. "come on!"

he extended his hand towards her and joy simply stared at it, unsure if she was suppose to hold it. she stood paralyzed, maybe a little uncomfortable. feeling the hesitance from her, taehyung took it upon himself to grab joy's hand and lead her into the world of fun.