二十六

veintiseis
+

jaws clenched, eunwoo's words kept echoing in taehyung's head, taunting him. "that was..." he muttered, searching for the word. "...bold of you."

"is it?" eunwoo grinned. "anyways, doesn't this mean we're rivals?"

taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, "rivals?"

the other boy nodded, the curved line of his lips now subsiding into a straight line. "yes because you like sooyoung noona too, am i right?"

taehyung pursed his lips, feeling bare because his secret was found out. eunwoo was too straightforward for him, it makes him uncomfortable. but to be honest, at this point, taehyung actually has no reason to lie.

"i don't like her." taehyung said with an unreadable look on his face.

"you don't have to lie," eunwoo told him. "i already kno-"

"i'm in love with her."

eunwoo's face shifted shifted into a look of surprise, caught off-guard. "oh." was the only sound that he could make until he was fully recovered. "well, isn't that bold of you as well?"

taehyung chuckled, his own words being thrown at him. "i guess."

the car was slowing as taehyung parks at the side of the road. "we're here." he said, turning to eunwoo.

"well, thanks for the ride." he smiled slightly as he took his seat belt off and opened the car door. he got out and turned back at taehyung with eyes that looked as if they were challenging him.

"and may the best man win." the car door closed with thud.