十五

quince
+

"what do you think?" joy grinned contentedly. "aren't i a good driver?" she playfully nudged eunwoo at his side with her elbow.

"well, i guess you're okay." eunwoo replied, smiling. "but you still have a long way to go to reach my level."

joy wrinkled her eyebrows, "hey!"

eunwoo chuckled while placing a hand on top of joy's head, and ruffled her hair. "cute." he said.

"i know i am." joy retorted, then swatted eunwoo's hand away. "and i told you to stop doing that to my hair. do i have to remind you again that i'm older than you and you're being disrespectful?"

"but you like it."

"i don't so shut up."

joy turned her head forward and suddenly stopped in her tracks, the smile on her face vanishing. she took a sharp intake of breath, then slowly exhaled whilst trying to compose herself. she wanted to put on at least a small smile, but her lips wouldn't move at all. so without trying, joy just resorted to the blank look that enveloped her face automatically.

"what's wro-" eunwoo began but paused as his eyes followed where joy was staring. "kim...taehyung?" he whispered inaudibly. then, he spun his head back to the girl beside him. "joy, why is he here?"

joy blinked several times before breaking eye contact with taehyung. then, she hastily grabbed eunwoo's arm and tugged him forward. they walked past taehyung and entered the building without looking back.

taehyung watched as the two disappeared into the building. he was clenching his fists so tight, his nails dug into his palm and his knuckles turned white. few moments later, he finally recollected himself and marched back into the building. he spotted joy and eunwoo entering the elevator. taehyung hesitated and pondered whether he should take the next one or suffer from awkwardness if he takes the elevator with them.

well no pain, no gain. if he wants to get closer with joy, better try to interact with her every chance he gets.

taking a deep breath, taehyung began to walk and stepped into the elevator where joy and eunwoo stood, watching him. he pressed the fourth floor button and waited for the doors to close. taehyung's heart was palpitating against his chest from nervousness, and he had no idea why.

"taehyung, right?"

at the mention of his name, taehyung glanced towards the source and found eunwoo smiling at him.

"yes.." taehyung responded, hesitantly. "and you're cha eunwoo..?"

"that's right," eunwoo raised both eyebrows as if he was surprised. "how did you know? did sooyoung tell you?"

a hand gripped eunwoo's arm and he glanced down to see joy who was glaring at him, signaling him to stop. but choosing to ignore her, eunwoo shifted his hands so his finger's entwined with joy's.

"i heard you were sooyoung's ex-boyfriend." eunwoo stated, his tone suddenly becoming serious. "since it's been so long since that happened, i'm assuming you wouldn't mind it if we're dating, right?"

"what?" taehyung mustered, a bit flustered.

eunwoo raised his and joy's intertwined hands, "we're dating."

-

a/n: omg it's the last 4 minutes of christmas day here where i live, currently 11:56 pm so MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE! 🎄🎁🤩