二十七

veintisiete
+

"good morning, taehyung-ssi." jennie greeted when she caught sight of him entering the office. taehyung bowed slightly and greeted her back with a smile. then, he made his way to his own desk which was in front of her and sat down, placing his bag beside him. immediately, he started his work when after a few minutes later, seojun appeared with a phone in his hand.

"hoobaenim." taehyung looked up to see seojun talking to jennie in front of him. "something last-minute just came up. i don't think i can come with you to the manufacturers right now. can you go with someone else?"

"is that so?" jennie blinked at him. "i'll try asking someone then."

"thanks, hoobaenim." seojun said regretfully, an apologetic look on his face. "sorry about that." jennie nodded and watched as seojun walked away.

"i can go with you." taehyung offered and jennie turned to him. "i don't really have anything urgent to do so i can come with you."

"is that okay?" jennie asked and he nodded. "then that'll be great. should we go now?"

they both leave their desks, grabbing their jackets and bags, and headed out to the company garage for the car. they enter the car with taehyung on the wheel and jennie on the passenger seat.

"thanks for coming with me, taehyung-ssi." jennie told him when they were on the road. "it's big help."

"it's my job to help." taehyung replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

a few minutes of silence passed and jennie spoke, feeling the need to say something. "by the way, you know about dahee and jun's big fight, right?"

min dahee and kang jun were their coworkers who were known to be in a relationship. apparently, they got into a huge fight (everyone knew because they were totally ignoring each other at work, which was not usual) and was at the brink of a breakup.

"yeah."

"well, i heard they finally patched things up." jennie said. "they said they had a talk and figured things out. im glad they did because it was getting quite uncomfortable with them having this invisible tension between themselves and we were caught in it."

"right."

"but it's amazing though, how a simple talk saved their relationship. i already put my bet that they were going to break up. but i was proved wrong."

"the two of them proved a lot of us wrong."

jennie nodded agreeingly. "i guess a lot of relationships can be saved only if both sides are open to make things right."