三十四

treinta y cuatro
+

joy shifted her body uncomfortably. her eyes warily travelled everywhere, except in front of her. how could she when a pair of intense eyes seemed to dig into her soul from across her. and those eyes belonged to the one and only kim taehyung.

"...w-why are you staring at me like that..?" joy stammered meekly, her eyes still wandering around. "didn't anyone tell you staring is rude..?"

taehyung blinked. "oh." he straightened his back. "sorry."

this didn't seem to convince joy because she pouted her lips and frowned. "you say that but you're still staring..."

"yah, punk." suho, who sat beside taehyung hit him on the shoulder. "leave the poor girl alone, you're making her uncomfortable."

currently, seojoon, jeongwoo, jin seok, jennie and taehyung is eating lunch with the employees from the company next to them. they included suho, joy and two other: kai and rosé.

"do you have a problem with me?" joy asked with a frown.

taehyung clenched his teeth. "n-no..."

joy raised an eyebrow, her face showing extreme doubt.

"okay, fine." taehyung sighed, defeated from the look on joy's face. "i've been meaning to ask you something."

"..what is it?"

"have you..." taehyung began. "have you heard from eunwoo?"

it has been days since taehyung talked to eunwoo and with eunwoo's promise to tell joy about what was happening, taehyung couldn't help but be curious.

this time, joy lifted both of her eyebrows. she gave taehyung a look that seemed to accuse him of something.

"am i suppose to hear something from him?" joy questioned, her eyes narrowed.

taehyung would be lying if he said no. but he did promise eunwoo not to utter anything to joy, and taehyung is a man of his word.

he shook his head, "no."

"it's so obvious that you're lying." joy stated, nonchalantly. "is there something i should know?"

taehyung blinked at her. "...it's not something for me to tell." he said.

joy scowled. "since when did you and eunwoo became best friends?"

"we're not." he replied. "let's just say i'm his secret keeper. nothing more, nothing less."