三十二

treinta y dos
+

"since when has this been going on?" taehyung asked.

eunwoo averted his gaze from him and instead, stared outside the window. he let out a small shaky breath and began to speak.

"three years ago, you were hospitalized and suffered from amnesia, right?" it was a rhetorical question and taehyung didn't think eunwoo wanted an answer so he remained silent. "because of what happened to you, sooyoung was devastated and i found her crying at the hospital rooftop. that was when i first met sooyoung." eunwoo smiled bitterly.

"and that was also the time when i found out about my illness 一 that i was dying."

there was a short silence before eunwoo began to speak again.

"for three years, we were able to slow it down from killing me." he chuckled humorlessly. "but it seems that we can't do that anymore."

"does joy know?" taehyung asked.

eunwoo shook his head, "she has no idea."

"well, shouldn't you tell her?"

"..."

taehyung's eyes widened in disbelief, "you have to tell her! you guys are friends, aren't you?"

eunwoo lowered his head. "i'll figure it out myself, just don't tell sooyoung about this. this is something i have to tell her myself."

he nodded.

suddenly, eunwoo began to laugh. taehyung stared at him, confused. "to think i'd be talking to you about my illness, i could never have imagined. my own friends don't even know about this!"

taehyung narrowed his eyes. "well, it's a good thing i found out. because if i never did, you were planning to die alone without anyone knowing, right?"

eunwoo glanced up and stared at taehyung in the eyes. then, he grinned slightly.

"how did you know?"