十九

diecinueve
+

are they dating? joy thought to herself and wrinkled her eyebrows. distracted by her thoughts, she ended up getting startled when she realized she was looking into taehyung's eyes, as he was. by instinct, she averted her eyes and glanced at the floor instead.

"why don't we eat together?" jeongwoo suggested and gestured suho and joy to the empty seats on their table.

"sure!" suho exclaimed and sat down. he patted  the seat next to him for joy to sit at, which apparently is the one right across taehyung. with no choice, joy eventually settled herself beside suho.

at the rectangular table, taehyung and jenny sat beside each other on one side, while the other three was across them. suho called for a personnel to take his and joy's order. while waiting, everyone was taking part of a conversation. however, in joy and taehyung's case, they were talking alright. but not directly at each other.

"so how'd you and my colleague here ─ joy ─ know each other?" suho asked taehyung, interested.

besides suho and jeongwoo, everyone else tensed up. oblivious to their past, the two clueless fellows noticed the sudden tension in the air and furrowed their eyebrows in curiosity.

"we-" taehyung started, then looked at joy before continuing. "we were in a relationship."

"you guys are dating?" suho grinned, hyped. "seriously? why didn't you say so in the first place?!"

"no, hyung─ we 'were' dating." taehyung affirmed, his lips tight in a straight line.

the corners of suho's smiling lips slowly fell, leaving his mouth agape in shock. the boy beside him, jeongwoo, also shared the same look of bewilderment. their faces were literally frozen for long moments while their minds processed the information and decided what to do with it.

"i'm sorry." suho bowed his head in apology. "i was wrong."

"don't worry sunbaenim," joy interceded, giving a firm smile. "you did nothing wrong."

because the one who did something wrong was kim taehyung.

-

a/n: i just realized how angst this book is, it's hurting me.