十二

doce
+

"is fate, perhaps, uniting you two?" jimin mused, sitting beside taehyung with his legs crossed. "it hasn't been twenty four hours since joy came back, but you two have already met not once, but twice!"

taehyung made a face at his friend's remark, "what are you? a girl?" he taunted sarcastically. "what's with you bringing up some fate nonsense so suddenly?"

jimin made a 'tsk' sound with his mouth, slightly annoyed by the rudicule he received. they were at jimin's room, playing video games. after informing jimin about joy knocking on his front door and finding out she moved in next door, jimin had commanded taehyung to come over, assuring him that joy wouldn't possibly come home since she was busy getting her apartment organized. besides, she already came this early morning just to personally wake jimin up.

"ha, i win!" taehyung exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air and leaning back against the couch in victory.

"what?" jimin groaned, a bit frustrated. "again!"

"we've played twelve games," taehyung stated, glancing at his friend. "i've won eight times, and you only have four wins. admit it jimin, i'm taking victory home with me today."

"shut up and battle with me again."

taehyung shrugged, "you really want loser to be tattooed on you today so sure, why not? i'll help you, but first i have to grab a drink. my throat feels like the sahara dessert."

making his way out jimin's door on the second floor, taehyung casually strutted down the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. seizing a glass, the young man filled it with water and drank slowly while looking out through the window. it was already dark. the two boys had barely noticed the time since they started playing. he should get going soo─

a shrill scream erupted in the room.

taehyung jumped, startled. he hastily glanced around. the house was dark since it was only jimin and taehyung home. taehyung hadn't bothered to turn on the lights since his eyes could manage in the dark. his sharp eyes roamed his surrounding, searching for the source of the scream.

then, the lights turned on.

taehyung squinted his eyes, but the moment his vision adjusted to the brightness, his eyes landed on the girl that stood a few feet from him, staring in bewilderment. it was none other than park sooyoung.

"why..." joy started, her eyes huge. she couldn't even finished her sentence because heavy footsteps scuffled down the stairs and jimin appeared.

"what happened?! why did you scream like a total girl, taehyung?! is there a burgla─ joy?" jimin blinked, finding his sister glaring at him with furrowed eyebrows. "why are you here?"

"um because i live here?" joy said, sarcasm obvious in her tone.

"no, you don't." jimin retorted. "you don't live here anymore. you moved out, remember?"

joy made a face and muttered an irritated 'aish' under her breath before glaring at jimin then at taehyung and stomping off. she marched up the stairs, intentionally ramming against jimin's shoulder as she passed by him.

"yah─" jimin grasped his shoulder. once joy disappeared from sight, he ruffled his hair and then made his way down the stairs towards taehyung.

"you promised she wasn't gonna be home." taehyung said.

"well i thought so too." jimin sighed. nudging taehyung, he continued; "now it's the third time you saw each other in under twenty four hours. if this isn't fate bringing you two back together, then what is?"