三十三

treinta y tres
+

that day, taehyung left the hospital with eunwoo arguing that there's actually people who knows about his situation and it's his family. taehyung had shrugged and asked "what about your friends?". at this question, eunwoo replied saying that they'll be fine. this response only made taehyung sigh in defeat and he left, saying he will come to visit again.

"you will?" eunwoo asked, ludicrous. "since when were we close?"

"since i found out you are dying." taehyung retorted before turning on his heels and exiting the hospital room.

eunwoo was left speechless and stared out the door with raised eyebrows. then, he burst out laughing uncontrollably, taehyung could hear it  as he walked in the hallways.

"he must have gone crazy." taehyung whispered under his breath as he walked. on his way out, he passed by the doctor who was in eunwoo's room earlier. with a question in his mind, taehyung walked up to him.

"hi, dr. kang."

"oh, aren't you mr. cha's friend?"

hesitantly, taehyung nodded. "i have something to ask you."

"what is it?"

taehyung's face became serious and his eyebrows furrowed. "how long-" he paused. "just how long does eunwoo have?"

the doctor's face softened into a concerned look. "i'm afraid he only has about one month left. i'm so sorry."

from this, taehyung felt his heart pound and adrenaline rushed into him. he couldn't help but think about joy.

how will she handle this when she finds out?